So, whatcha smokin?

smokinjoe

Herrera Esteli from Drew Estates ... all week long.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19799[/ATTACH]

Sorry I missed that. One of my favs.

Smokin' a San Lotano Oval Maduro corona with a couple pours of last years OFBB.

• 2 weeks later...

60 on the back porch tonight.

Smoking a San Lotano Oval Maduro corona with the last of the '13 OFBB.

Pulled out an old friend from 9/12 a Vegas Robaina Anniversario Canada Regional. Hoping our recent steps toward loosening the Cuban Embargo are but a small step on a fast journey.

Enjoyed an Alec Bradley Prensado with a nice Glenfarclas following a dinner that included venison ceviche, smoked calf brains, and goat shank.

Raining here in west central Florida as a "cold" front comes through, but suppose to be 80 by weekend.

Norteno Lonsdale with some AE Rye.

Friend hooked me up with a SAOS 9 year 53.5ABV. This is a fine pour!

Oh, with a San Cris Oval Maddy corona.

Im not a big cigar smoker, but enjoy maybe a half dozen a year. I just finished 2 boxes I bought in Nicaragua a few years back. 1 box was a brand Fenix premium. I think they were rolled on site in Granada, the other was a box of Joya De Nicaragua's. I enjoyed both very much, but now I am looking for a recommendation of where to go next. I prefer a medium body with a bit of spice. Shockingly I dont want to spend a lot. Id be quite pleased to keep it <$5/each. I almost always have bourbon while smoking. Any suggestions are welcome.

Jon,

I'd recommend Rocky Patel "The Edge Lite". It's a mild to mediumish cigar in flavor, with a nice draw at around $5-6, at retail, in these parts.

If you find it a little on the light side, the edge series only steps up in boldness from this one.

I've also enjoyed the Perdomo brand within the $5 per range. Liquor Barn often has them available in a "travel humidor" (4 pack), for under $20.

Best of luck to you! P

Thanks Paddy. I think I may try the perdomo lot 23. pretty good reviews and a reasonable price. I appreciate the suggestions.

Opened my first bottle of ETL. A little lower proof then I am accustomed to, which makes this quite dangerous.

Lighting up a Puro Authentico to enhance the pleasure....

Im not a big cigar smoker, but enjoy maybe a half dozen a year. I just finished 2 boxes I bought in Nicaragua a few years back. 1 box was a brand Fenix premium. I think they were rolled on site in Granada, the other was a box of Joya De Nicaragua's. I enjoyed both very much, but now I am looking for a recommendation of where to go next. I prefer a medium body with a bit of spice. Shockingly I dont want to spend a lot. Id be quite pleased to keep it <$5/each. I almost always have bourbon while smoking. Any suggestions are welcome.

I would recommend any of the RomaCraft lines. I really like the mode 5 and knuckle dragger sizes. Good cigars and near your price point