What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A freaking massive pour of WT Rare Breed at dinner tonight. Mammoth! Humongous! Gargantuan! Teeming! Cup-runneth-over-like! 6 oz. minimum...I'm thinking more...And, here's the beauty of it...$6. The best Rare Breed I've ever had...:D

Where on earth did you find Rare Breed for one dollar an ounce? My mind is boggled.....

Where on earth did you find Rare Breed for one dollar an ounce? My mind is boggled.....

To accomplish a thing like this, find a place with six dollar pours and a bartender who is either feeling generous or is inept. Ordering from near empty bottles sometimes helps.

Enjoying a healthly pour of FR SmB while watching Miami get blown out in the NCAA tourney.

Having some 4RSB and 4RSmB while watching Ohio State coming back from 11 down.

Best regards, Tony

Moved onto some Doug & Willy'z 18yr 8551 118.4 proof...prefire HH bourbon is GOOD tonight! :)

Just a couple oz. of 4 Roses Small Btch.

Really tasty -- I could get addicted to this stuff, and I haven't even tried the 1B yet.

Finishing the night with a OWA Gold Vein 1995...amazing stuff...$15 a bottle retail...how did that do that magic they did! ;)

Tonight I drank some High West Rendezvous, Old Forester Birthday Bottle 2012, and Lagavulin 16.

Finishing the night with a OWA Gold Vein 1995...amazing stuff...$15 a bottle retail...how did that do that magic they did! ;)

In my all time top 5...really. Found a gold veined on a shelf a few years ago. Still in a red bag and had a faux tax seal but '95 clearly etched on the bottom of the bottle. Only a memory now but it was that good...even at the $35 I paid for it. I thought I heard/read these '95 gold veined bottlings were destined for Texas and were going to be part of the BHC collection at first, or something like that.

Tonight I drank some High West Rendezvous, Old Forester Birthday Bottle 2012, and Lagavulin 16.

Welcome, good to see you on this board as well. There aren't many Canucks around here.

I spent a little time with the Bowman 17.5 yr from 5/12/12 last night. This bottle has really grown on me. I find it to be very interesting. I like it better than the 2 PS bottles that I have had (17 and 19). A few drops of water really changes it.

After just remarking that I may not imbibe this weekend, I changed my mind and poured some ORVW 10yr/90. This was my first VW anything (in fact, the same bottle - now approaching nearly two years open!), and still a lovely pour!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!