What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Col EH Taylor Single barrel.

Speaking of the "steam boat race" I remeber when the "Bell" had two assist tugs waiting to speed the turn. Boy oh Boy did the "Queen" get taught a lesson that year.

Edited by Meruck

Glad to make the trade. I doubt that my trade will ever hit a bunker. I'll have to open an OFBB 2012 I still have some night and compare notes with you. Hope Eric enjoys his find as well. That was the last bottle left and I had a taste at the shop and last night again. A little sweet until you add a little water or in my case EC12 90Proof. My math came to 112.1 and it was great. Can't wait to start playing with the proof on your bottle.

You did stock up on the 2013 Great Steamboat Race selection at the gift shop, right? I mean, it was discussed that this will be the sleeper whiskey of the year, and be highly sought after - probably making the PVW craze look like a bunch of hooey.

thanks for stopping in and making a trade with Steve and I. I have had a couple of pours of the ec12brlstrength in the past. Next time you are in, we might have a few private barrel selections in stock. First two willetts (6 yr old and 10 yr) plus a 4roses that we are selecting next week.

I bought 2 very dusty bottles of Basil Hayden's for 25.99 each and 11 bottles of 50ml Compass Box Hedonism grain whisky for $3.00 a bottle. This is a whisky I've never seen in a 50ml before and a 750ml bottle typically runs between $90-110 a bottle.

Look what the tornado dropped on my doorstep today.

The Four Roses Secretariat Single Barrel.

4R is oh so perfect that this one came out of the barrel at 100 proof.

Gotta love 'em!

rsz_24r_004_zps19a32343.jpg

Found my first bottle of "the Fox" today, can't wait to crack it open and give it a try

I do like the look of that Secretariat bottle, and the money goes to a good cause, but...

Still, interested to hear some reviews on it.

Found a few 12 year Wellers to stock up on and a 2012 OF Birthday while traveling in GA.

FR Secretariat, TPS OESO, and another local FR1B store selection (Green's this time - $29.99!).

Edited by Tucker

I do like the look of that Secretariat bottle, and the money goes to a good cause, but...

Still, interested to hear some reviews on it.

I don't know what recipe they used and I have searched for the info but found no answer.

I seriously loves me some FR's, but on the TPS website $97 for a 100 proof single barrel?? And the recipe and age is unknown?? I'm going to have to think about this...

Edit:...Looking at the Four Roses website, and the Kentucky Derby Museum website, I'm thinking this has to be standard FRSB OBSV, since there is no mention of the recipe, and its bottled at 100 proof

Edited by Phil T

Some RittBIB and a bottle of ETL. Hadn't had any old Elmer in a while, it's good stuff. Finish is a kind of short, and it's a touch thin, but real easy drinking.

I don't know what recipe they used and I have searched for the info but found no answer.

Some RittBIB and a bottle of ETL. Hadn't had any old Elmer in a while, it's good stuff. Finish is a kind of short, and it's a touch thin, but real easy drinking.

That can be said for just about any 90 proofer. It still has good flavors and you, Sir, have good taste:grin:

Yeah, could've sworn it was OBSV, but not sure where I saw that.

JD 1904 gold medal replica decanter with box and label in tact. Thought it would look cool in my bar.

My local had a bourbon tasting, with Blanton's, RHF, Taylor SB, RR 10 yr, OFBB '12, Larceny, W12, EC12, and both wheat and rye HH new make at 125 pf.

I came home with the Russell's Reserve 10 and the Weller 12.

So tell me more about these, I don't think I've read anything about them.

Tucker, that's the stuff. Only we had the wheat bourbon one as well, so unoaked Larceny I guess. Smelled just like a box of Wheaties cereal in the glass.

Tucker, that's the stuff. Only we had the wheat bourbon one as well, so unoaked Larceny I guess. Smelled just like a box of Wheaties cereal in the glass.

More in the "dont call me moonshine" white whiskey category.

Finally grabbed a bottle of regular old BT yesterday. Not sure why I've passed it by all this time, but I'm glad I pulled the trigger. I find it to be on par with EWSB in terms of taste and quality but for a few bucks less. Good stuff!

Eric

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!