What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Apparently TPS has added Louisiana to the list of "no ship" states. What the hell?

And a friendly SB member just led me to a 4R1B LE as well. With a trio of single barrel extra aged Smooth Ambler Old Scouts. Now I just have to figure out when I'm going to make it out to TPS to pick those up this weekend.

I just placed a TPS order for a 4R1B LE too, let's coordinate on that trip.

Edited by HighInTheMtns

TPS is quite a haul from Bardstown.

Indeed it is. A generous member just offered to transport down to Bardstown, so now Saturday is free for other assorted shenanigans.

Indeed it is. A generous member just offered to transport down to Bardstown, so now Saturday is free for other assorted shenanigans.

Ahhh... I do miss those days sometimes....

I think I lucked out scoring an EC12BP and 2013 FRLE1B from TPS today. The e-mail came in fingers to keyboard flew... Also tossed an OBSQ on the order for good measure.

A surprise phone call and a 15 minute drive later I was purchasing some PVW20 and ORVW 107. Lucky me. Score!

post-9763-14489818925318_thumb.jpg

I think I lucked out scoring an EC12BP and 2013 FRLE1B from TPS today. The e-mail came in fingers to keyboard flew... Also tossed an OBSQ on the order for good measure.

I wish I could get TPS to send me emails on a regular basis when things like this come out. I buy from them with some regularity but I only get emails sporadically. Doesn't seem like a fair trade...

I wish I could get TPS to send me emails on a regular basis when things like this come out. I buy from them with some regularity but I only get emails sporadically. Doesn't seem like a fair trade...

I see both the ECBP and the FR LE 2013 are now out of stock at TPS. Another score for the lurkers? Fortunately I already had ECBP and I was able to get my TPS order for the FR LE in earlier.

Apparently TPS has added Louisiana to the list of "no ship" states. What the hell?

What??? I've placed several orders from there in recent months. If true, this is a very bad development.

I see both the ECBP and the FR LE 2013 are now out of stock at TPS. Another score for the lurkers?

Naw, there were only 4 bottles of the ECBP left when I squeaked my order in around 11am. I looked at the site before I posted here and inventory on the FR was something like -34, so I think we can be assured it wasn't SB lurkers who scored on this. (At least not from my post...)

For those of you visiting for the sampler, there are other liquor stores that will have 4r1b limited in stock. It should arrive tomorrow at our store.

For those of you visiting for the sampler, there are other liquor stores that will have 4r1b limited in stock. It should arrive tomorrow at our store.

Good news. There's no Four Roses available to me in Utah, so I'd like to get more than the one bottle that's journeying down from TPS. It'll make it easier on me when it comes time to pour the last whiskey from the first bottle :)

You should also make a trip to the distillery, Jim.

Yep. That's very high on my list. I think a few of us will be heading there on Friday morning, if you want to join us. (Sorry about Sampler thread content in this thread... Just can't help it.)

A surprise phone call and a 15 minute drive later I was purchasing some PVW20 and ORVW 107. Lucky me. Score!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15224[/ATTACH]

After my purchase today I had to take a family photo.

post-9763-14489818926205_thumb.jpg

After my purchase today I had to take a family photo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15227[/ATTACH]

So much for no spring release this year! :)

Per the ORVW Facebook page, the Kentucky distributor deliberately held back some inventory for release around the time of the KY derby

I had a work meeting out of town and the office I visited had a liquor store across a parking lot. Naturally, I went in to browse after work and noticed 2 CEHT Straight Ryes for $15.71/each. I've only seen them for $65+ and never felt compelled until today.

The codes on the bottle if I'm correct reflect 2012 bottling. I believe they were held by the distributor from fall 2012. I thought it was a spring release at first, but fairly certain it was not now.

Just looked at the Facebook post now. Makes sense!

This past weekend I bought a Willett Single Barrel 10yr, Lion's Share Vol. 1. I cannot find any information on what the deal is with the "Lion's Share", but I am impressed with my pours so far.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!