What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

These six are all from batch 18. I have two others that are batch 14.

For the batch 18, the store has more but after my purchase they had raised the price up very significantly. What I paid was a little high but thought still worth it for me but now it is a whole lot more expensive.

Cheers

Hugh

interested to hear your tasting comments on the B18 vs 14. I've only tasted 15. Supposedly more wood the higher the batch. I really enjoyed the 15, but nothing to compare it to.

I went to the store to finally purchase a bottle of JPS 18 after I have passed on it several times in the past. It was sold three days ago. Lesson learned. I won't make that same mistake ever again.

All was not lost. I purchased a Ritt BIB and two bottles of ECBP. I had given up hope of finding any ECBP in Michigan until a later date when future dumps (hopefully) occur so I am thrilled to get these.

Last but not least, they had 8 bottles of Founder's Doom so I walked out with 2. I'm going to drink one of these tonight once the kids are in bed.

4 Roses Mariage 2009

Probably overpaid a bit but this was my engagement present to myself so I was just glad to track one down...

These six are all from batch 18. I have two others that are batch 14.

For the batch 18, the store has more but after my purchase they had raised the price up very significantly. What I paid was a little high but thought still worth it for me but now it is a whole lot more expensive.

Cheers

Hugh

I had the same thing happen when I bought a bottle of JPS 17 for another SBer a while back. Went back to get more and they jacked the price up another $40 per bottle.

On a separate note, today I scored a few bottles of OWA 7 yr. bottled in 2005. I guess it really does pay to go back and re-check every once in a while!

What is OWA? I can't find that acronym anywhere, and I see it come up here all the time.

OWA stands for Old Weller Antique 107 proof. The older bottles are age stated to 7 years. If you find some of those, I suggest you buy them!

OWA stands for Old Weller Antique 107 proof. The older bottles are age stated to 7 years. If you find some of those, I suggest you buy them!

I have a Weller 12 yo and it is excellent. So is this better than that one?

Not better, but a higher proof whisky will have more flavor than a lower proof one in the same family.

I should think the profile is consistent on Weller 12 but I will always take proof over age.

Bought Everclear last week to make bitters. 'twas embarrassing.

Much more respectable purchases today, 2x 4R1B LE 2013, and some Founder's Doom.

The few times I've bought Everclear I was tempted to tell them I wanted a fresh bottle, no old stuff.

2x EWSB 2000. This is my favorite vintage of this stuff that I've tried, so I was excited to run across this.

2x WT Rye 101, this place had 3 cases 2 months ago so I was putting off buying any, today there were only 2 bottles left

2x as WSR another store just keeps finding these in their back room I always ask if they have more and Every time I am told no but Every time I stop in they have 2 bottles on the shelf

Well at least you found one Alden and so what if it's 86 proof. Anyone who cannot enjoy an 86 proof whisky is tired of life.

Well at least you found one Alden and so what if it's 86 proof. Anyone who cannot enjoy an 86 proof whisky is tired of life.

There you go! I like that. :)

Actually I sometimes prefer a lower proof. It's more what I am used to anyway what with all those many years of drinking only scotch.

TPS email led me to 4R1B LE and VOB BIB x 2

And a friendly SB member just led me to a 4R1B LE as well. With a trio of single barrel extra aged Smooth Ambler Old Scouts. Now I just have to figure out when I'm going to make it out to TPS to pick those up this weekend.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!