What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Darn, missed the TPS deal. I did manage to snag a dusty WT101 8yo, plus a Ritt100 and an OGD86.

I had a work meeting out of town and the office I visited had a liquor store across a parking lot. Naturally, I went in to browse after work and noticed 2 CEHT Straight Ryes for $15.71/each. I've only seen them for $65+ and never felt compelled until today.

That's gotta be the deal of the century. Somebody REALLY screwed up pricing that.

My wife found 3 bottles of ECBP for me in an ABC store in Durham for $39.95 each. She works at Duke during the week, and flies home to MO on Thursday evening. I know what I'll be sipping tomorrow night!

That's gotta be the deal of the century. Somebody REALLY screwed up pricing that.

My wife found 3 bottles of ECBP for me in an ABC store in Durham for $39.95 each. She works at Duke during the week, and flies home to MO on Thursday evening. I know what I'll be sipping tomorrow night!

You have a very nice and understanding wife!

Cheers,

Hugh

Four more Weller 12 to add to the bunker (think I have a few stashed already). When I see it, I buy it.

Four more Weller 12 to add to the bunker (think I have a few stashed already). When I see it, I buy it.

Do you guys find the old paper labels or the newer "rounded" bottles?

Tomorrow, I'm giving a tasting for a group of friends in conjunction with a friend's dinner party. I'm hoping to have a nearly-complete panel of mashbills from all the usual suspects, so, tonight it's off to the boozeteria for Weller (probably Special Reserve) (the BT wheat mashbill), either BT or ERSB (BT mashbill #1), VOB, and EWSB (HH rye bourbon). Those are the ones that either I or somebody else attending didn't have handy.

Found a shelf full of fun stuff while visiting Dallas. Walked out with three JPS 18 batch 14, three 4RSBLE 2012 and a Glenmorangie Ealanta. And Larceny for good luck.

Found a shelf full of fun stuff while visiting Dallas. Walked out with three JPS 18 batch 14, three 4RSBLE 2012 and a Glenmorangie Ealanta. And Larceny for good luck.

Another Elijah Craig BP, really what I need to buy the day before heading to the Sampler.

Best regards. Tony

Picked up a 2013 4RSB LE. Very glad I was able to get one early this year.

Snagged an AAA 10 year as well.

Edited by petrel800

I caved and bought the one I passed up yesterday. 4R LE Small Batch Barrel Strength. Total was $83.34 with tax. I don't normally like to spend that much on bourbon but thought I'd splurge this time, plus my buddy agreed to go in on half. Only problem is I told him we'd try it together and he lives 3 hrs away. I'm just putting it aside and trying to to break it open.

Picked up

Very Special Old Fitzgerald 12 yr

Makers 46

Haven't had the VSOF before, looking forward to it. First time I had seen it out and about, so I grabbed one. Makers 46 is my daily drinker and it was on sale for 29.99. Couldn't walk past it at that price.

Found some decent deals in a hole in the wall place in western Kentucky. It was the last liquor store in town that I hadn't checked.

Three bottles of WSR in the old "barrel" shaped bottles.

A couple bottles of the old WT Rye 101.

A bottle of EC 18 - I took a bit of hit on this but the staff were incredibly friendly so I figured, why not?

A Wathen's from 2005.

6 bottles of Bulleit Rye on closeout (they were practically giving it away).

And a EWSB 2000.

A liter of OWA in the old squat bottle. Not sure I can find a number on the bottom of the bottle, but the UPC is BT.

My last two purchases have been Smooth Ambler Old Scout and Templeton Rye. The Old Scout is becoming my favorite simply as it is available where ER17 and Pappy just cannot be found. I highly recommend it for a smooth sip especially given its age and price. The Templeton beats out Willett and Sazerac for a Rye.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!