What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finally found an ECBP. Very excited to try it, and to see if my wife notices it on the bar.

Woodford Reserve Rye Set. Should arrive today or Monday....

Hope you didn't overpay. I know a number of local retailers in KY that would sell it for next to nothing to get it off shelves.

Hope you didn't overpay. I know a number of local retailers in KY that would sell it for next to nothing to get it off shelves.

He'd have to get it half way around the world though ;)

Will be interested in your feedback on these. I used to work at the Bounty Hunter, back when the spirits thing was just getting started. Have been meaning to check out the 4R's, but they sell through so quick!

double post. My Bounty Hunter bottles arrived today. BH is a wine and spirits merchant in Napa and I came across these gems in their recent catalog. The 4R is OBSK. I've opened the Talisker already and it's quite good.

http://www.bountyhunterwine.com/storeitems.asp?cc=SPIRITS

1d926b51-4918-4b11-ab99-0a48ea3d73b1_zps7d60ab9b.jpg

61e60f1f-d21c-44d8-b333-90b0b2bfffab_zps235d6ee0.jpg

About a month ago i found two bottles of Elijah Craig 18 1B for $21 at a small liqour store. I bought one of them at that time. I went by last night and the other bottle was still there :-) So i bought it.

Will be interested in your feedback on these. I used to work at the Bounty Hunter, back when the spirits thing was just getting started. Have been meaning to check out the 4R's, but they sell through so quick!

That SB private barrel is higher proof and older than most liquor store offerings. The gift shop has had some in that range but I cant recall any others that are in that range.

That SB private barrel is higher proof and older than most liquor store offerings. The gift shop has had some in that range but I cant recall any others that are in that range.

I have a bottle of TPS-selected OBSQ that is 11 years and 4 months old. I've heard from a good source that barrels of similar age are the upper limit for the private barrel program.

Grabbed a few goodies for my tasting tomorrow night

2x EC12BP

2x JPS17

2010 FRSBLE OBSV

EW 1783

OFitz 1849

Visiting Dallas for the week, stopped by a local liquor store and found most of the "mainstream" bottles I can't buy in Seattle.

Picked up:

OGD114 x2

Larceny x2

VOB BIB

Old Charter 10 year

Rittenhouse BIB

I will be store hopping in the metroplex hoping to stumble upon a ECBP, or really anything special, but excited about the new additions.

OK, this is the day I admit I have a problem:

EWSB 1996 x2

EWSB 2000 x2

EC18 x2 (1982,1991)

JPS17 batch 6 x2

FRSmBLE 2011 (passed on x10 more)

ECBP (passed on x2 more)

PHC 6th 137.9 proof (68.95% ABV...never seen them take the ABV to two decimal points)

Finally found a place that sells EW BIB by the handle. A little more than expected for $25, but still a great value.

Not a great price admittedly but still less than $12.00 for a 750 of BIB isn't bad.

OK, this is the day I admit I have a problem

Denial is highly over-rated - welcome to the club! Nice score btw!

OK, this is the day I admit I have a problem:

EWSB 1996 x2

EWSB 2000 x2

EC18 x2 (1982,1991)

JPS17 batch 6 x2

FRSmBLE 2011 (passed on x10 more)

ECBP (passed on x2 more)

PHC 6th 137.9 proof (68.95% ABV...never seen them take the ABV to two decimal points)

I looked at that list and thought, no problems here, those all seems like necessary buys given that you dont stumble across any one of them too often. For my part, my automatic buy for the weekend was three ECBP at $39.99

I looked at that list and thought, no problems here, those all seems like necessary buys given that you dont stumble across any one of them too often. For my part, my automatic buy for the weekend was three ECBP at $39.99

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!