What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Wt101 8 year old

Rittenhouse bib

Larceny

Old fitz 12 year

All bought from the nearest store that has more that jds and Jim bean white.only 15 miles from my house. If you want a shock just ask the prices. We might get reasonable priced Scotch in the UK but bourbon prices are scary compared to yours!

I bought 2x HW21 today. Price was right.

On my recent road trip I picked up the following:

2x Rittenhouse 21

2x Rittenhouse 23

2x Rittenhouse 25

2x Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2010

3x Eagle Rare 17 2012

3x Sazerac 18 2012

Willett 21year old single barrel bourbon Binny's cask 3633

Willett 21year old single barrel bourbon Binny's cask 3635

PHC Cognac

2x OHH 8/86

3x EC12BP

EC18

And somewhere along the way I acquired two bottles of BMH23.

I'm too lazy to post a photo, unless someone really wants me to. I'm starting to burn out on the hunting. I just need to find some PHC wheated and I'm done for awhile. I don't think I've opened a new bottle at home in months. Time to change that.

Great finds Wryguy! By all means, crack one open and enjoy, looks like you've earned it!!

:

Great finds Wryguy! By all means, crack one open and enjoy, looks like you've earned it!!

post-8610-14489818914849_thumb.jpg

Got back this evening from a wedding in Lexington. Grabbed a few bottles while I was on the road.

OWA - Hard to pass up at the KY price, it's more expensive around ATL.

EH Taylor Single Barrel - Price was pretty solid so I brought one home.

2 4R Gift Shop Bottles - One OESK (11yr 11mo) the other OBSF (10yr 8mo)

2 EWSB - 2003(Party Barn Selection), 1997(A little over priced at the HH Gift Shop, but I've never had any of them before the 1999, so it was worth the extra $6 or $7)

2 Willet 8yrs - One for me and the other is for the guy who got married this weekend. Has "The Lion's Share - Part One" on the back

Smooth Ambler 7 year Rye - Haven't seen it locally and I've enjoyed their other stuff so I figured I'd bring one home to try.

Not pictured - Bowman Small Batch - the wedding party annihilated it. Another brand I don't think has made it's way to GA, so I wanted to try it. Not a bad bourbon for $30, nothing complex, but enjoyable IMHO.

Fun times.

post-8610-14489818914849_thumb.jpg

I bought 2x HW21 today. Price was right.

On my recent road trip I picked up the following:

2x Rittenhouse 21

2x Rittenhouse 23

2x Rittenhouse 25

2x Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2010

3x Eagle Rare 17 2012

3x Sazerac 18 2012

Willett 21year old single barrel bourbon Binny's cask 3633

Willett 21year old single barrel bourbon Binny's cask 3635

PHC Cognac

2x OHH 8/86

3x EC12BP

EC18

And somewhere along the way I acquired two bottles of BMH23.

I'm too lazy to post a photo, unless someone really wants me to. I'm starting to burn out on the hunting. I just need to find some PHC wheated and I'm done for awhile. I don't think I've opened a new bottle at home in months. Time to change that.

What, no semi-dusty 86 proof Jack Daniels? :skep:

What, no semi-dusty 86 proof Jack Daniels? :skep:

Not a big JD fan. Just tried to crack the PHC cognac I did pick up in South Beloit and got a broken cork instead. Gonna stick with Bakers. Here's a photo. Figured why not.

post-9252-14489818915411_thumb.jpg

Not a big JD fan. Just tried to crack the PHC cognac I did pick up in South Beloit and got a broken cork instead. Gonna stick with Bakers. Here's a photo. Figured why not.

They still have any 2010 Handy on the shelf?

You come home with a haul like that and you settle for Baker's?

Pretty much. Will probably dig that cork out of the PHC cognac later tonight, though like I said, I'm feeling pretty lazy. And this is B85-001 Baker's if that makes a difference in your estimation. By mine, I'm doing mighty fine :)

They still have any 2010 Handy on the shelf?

It was 2010? I thought it was 09. I passed on all Handy on this trip, I'm well stocked. And judging by your skepticism on the JD I must have fuzzily confused EWB for JD, though I thought I got it right. Sorry if I infringed on your hunting grounds Joe :) though after 3000 miles I'm pretty sure infringement and fuzziness are inevitable...

It was 2010? I thought it was 09. I passed on all Handy on this trip, I'm well stocked. And judging by your skepticism on the JD I must have fuzzily confused EWB for JD, though I thought I got it right. Sorry if I infringed on your hunting grounds Joe :) though after 3000 miles I'm pretty sure infringement and fuzziness are inevitable...

No prob. I was just kinda wondering when you said Stateline had 86 proof JD. The only thing that store ever had was a couple of bottles of gold wax ETL, and that was over three years ago. Don't visit the other place much anymore. Got a couple places that are a little cheaper, and have just as good a selection. Anyway, nice haul. That 8/86 HH might surprise you. :yum:

Ritt 23 x 2 seeing all these giant hauls had me worried they would disappear into someone else's collection

'09 FR SmB LE. He shoots, he scores!

Do you mean Mariage? 2010 was the first year that FR called it SmB LE.

'09 FR SmB LE. He shoots, he scores!

Grrrr. I found some (09 Mariage) and they said someone just bought it, now I know who did.

Hahaha

Cheers

Hugh

I pulled 4 liters of OGD 86 off a neighborhood shelf @ $14.99 each. Most of the rest of the case is probably in back. As most of you know, this stuff is history.

Escaped the clutches of the Michigan and Ohio control state choke hold, and made the quick jaunt over to Indiana. Was rewarded with some EHT Warehouse C.

Grrrr. I found some (09 Mariage) and they said someone just bought it, now I know who did.

Hahaha

Cheers

Hugh

sorry Hugh:) actually wouldn't mind a trip west. But wasn't me today.

Ok, bought this last week and finally got it today.

My current bunker bug is about sedated again now. :). Last time I had the fever it ended in 2009 but this round was pretty severe I think for the short period of time. My bunker is stocked again for a while.

e7evumun.jpg

Hugh what Batch #'s are the JPS 18's?

These six are all from batch 18. I have two others that are batch 14.

For the batch 18, the store has more but after my purchase they had raised the price up very significantly. What I paid was a little high but thought still worth it for me but now it is a whole lot more expensive.

Cheers

Hugh

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!