What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

im having some HH BIB 6 year, and maybe some KCSB to wash it down with. as much as i like KCSB, its even better following nearly anything else.

The Larceny is just waiting for someone to order a bourbon and coke at my house.

mine too. the Larceny and the 4RSiB just sit there waiting for someone to come over who will drink them.

Couple of double pours of KCSB tonight. I'm still trying to find something wrong with this bottle and sadly...I guess I'll just have to keep on trying. :grin:

ive never found anything bad about KCSB, great stuff.

$18! :shocked: It is like $23 in the Indy area. I am drinking my version of Forgiven but with better bourbon and better rye - 70% OGD 114 and 30% Ritt BIB.

BTW - I sorta fudged with 75% OGD and 25% Ritt BIB (DSP-354), and that was pretty damn tasty! Thanks for the tip!!

WLW from last year last night, I need to find this years release I think it is going to be great as well.

Best regards, Tony

Arrived at our family home in the mountains around 8 last night. Settled in with some PHC 5 after dinner. Then some FR 12 year OESO from the GS. Just a dynamite whiskey. Then nightcapped with Old Scout TPS 10 year barrel 362. It really shines too. A ton of Florida fruit coming out last night.

Shared a bit with dad, he's not really a whiskey drinker, but he enjoys Lot B and some more mainstream stuff like regular Old Scout. Turns out my Grandfather and Great Uncle were Old Fitz fans back in the day. I had never heard that before. Looks like I'll be on the hunt for some DSP-16 now.

Some VSOF and then finished off a bottle of ND OGD '86 last night. Luckily I have some more of the ND OGD in the bunker but don't know if I'll open another one for a bit. With the weather turning cooler here I'm already leaning towards heartier, higher-proof pours.

WTRR 10yr101. Just, freakin' great whiskey. Not a whole lotta love around for this House these days, but this gorgeous whiskey, of not too long ago, should tell us that what once was...can, should, and will, be again. Yes, I Believe.

Keep hope alive!!!

Some VSOF and then finished off a bottle of ND OGD '86 last night. Luckily I have some more of the ND OGD in the bunker but don't know if I'll open another one for a bit. With the weather turning cooler here I'm already leaning towards heartier, higher-proof pours.

I'm with you Ben, I have a healthy supply of ND OGD but I love it so much, I want to have it years from now.

Got to try 3 barrel proof Old Foresters my local store had as they are considering a single barrel, it is really good at barrel proof!!

Got to try 3 barrel proof Old Foresters my local store had as they are considering a single barrel, it is really good at barrel proof!!

id love to try OForester at 120+proof. Id even blindly buy a bottle if they ever woke up and sold some.

Edited by darylld911
Forgot to complete post, duh!

Busy day so far, Stagg Jr and Lot B 1oz pours at local shop...enjoyed the Lot B, but blind...couldn't have differentiated between that and W12. Then post mowing the lawn, some GTS '12 and W12 for good measure. Still feel blessed i can find W12 for $25 locally. Need to buy some shelving and stock up.

1985 Fighting Cock in about 2 hours. I try to drink it when my USC Fighting Gamecocks are playing. I forgot to take it with me last weekend on my craft brewery trip to Asheville...AND THEY LOST!

Busy day so far, Stagg Jr and Lot B 1oz pours at local shop...enjoyed the Lot B, but blind...couldn't have differentiated between that and W12. Then post mowing the lawn, some GTS '12 and W12 for good measure. Still feel blessed i can find W12 for $25 locally. Need to buy some shelving and stock up.
Edited by Enoch

That does sound good - I really like OFS, and can only imagine how it'd be at barrel proof!

Decided to repeat a past taste off of AAA 10 yr versus AAA 10 star in a blind SBS. Still leaning towards the 10 star. Next time, going to dilute the 10 star to 86, as I think those 4 little proof points are giving it an unfair advantage ;) On the nose, I get more oak from the 10 yr as one might expect, but not as much caramel as I do in the 10 star. The taste is quite similar as well, but I find the 10 star to have just a bit more "bite", which I like. Adding a couple drops of water to each separates the men from the boys, but again - not fairly. The 10 yr doesn't take even a few drops well, and is diluted and thin, where the 10 star is just as nice, maybe even a bit better.

getting ready to head out to a nice dinner with the wife and some friends. planning on getting some Bookers along with a big ass plate of calamari/peppers/garlic and sweet hot chili sauce. mmmmmmmmmmmm

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!