What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

OE101/7 in my coffee.

Love having bourbon around that is delicious and I don't worry about drinking like water.

a HH BIB gold and some HH BIB white. another damn test in the morning and id like to get to sleep a little bit

OE101/7 in my coffee.

Love having bourbon around that is delicious and I don't worry about drinking like water.

while i liked OEzra 101, i thought HH BIB's are just as good a whiskey, and a lot less. plus, i can walk around the corner to the pharmacy and get all the HH BIB i want dirt cheap.

do other states allow pharmacies to sell liquor, or is KY a minority on that decision. a Pharmacy can have the booze aisle right across form the kids toys and school supplies, but if a grocery wants to sell booze (not beer, but liquor), they have to have a separate building off to the side with a separate entrance to be allowed to do so. odd.....

while i liked OEzra 101, i thought HH BIB's are just as good a whiskey, and a lot less. plus, i can walk around the corner to the pharmacy and get all the HH BIB i want dirt cheap.

do other states allow pharmacies to sell liquor, or is KY a minority on that decision. a Pharmacy can have the booze aisle right across form the kids toys and school supplies, but if a grocery wants to sell booze (not beer, but liquor), they have to have a separate building off to the side with a separate entrance to be allowed to do so. odd.....

Like this?

Supplies.jpeg

:-)

In my state, as long as the store has a liquor license (has to be a large enough store over "X" sq.ft), they can sell liquor. This applies to groceries or drug stores...

I get OE7/101 simply because I can't get HH BiB in my state.

I get OE7/101 simply because I can't get HH BiB in my state.

can you get EW BIB? it too, is very very similar to the multiple HH BIB's

hey, smokinjoe.....

i always read about your love for HH BIB 6 right out of the fridge. have you tried the HH BIB gold? what do you think of the against each other?

Parker's 7th and Stagg Jr.

Both have improved with some air. The Stagg Jr. is worth $45. The Parkers is decent and for a good cause. I've bunkered a few of both.

Damn, I haven't opened the OFBB 2013. I gues I'll save that for the weekend.

A bit of 4R1B LE 2013 on Tuesday. Sip, swish, repeat. And a little Mellow Corn to point up the difference in flavor.

Last night was Carribean heat and humidity, so I had a lovely Dark and Stormy made with non-HFCS ginger beer (from Maine Root) and Gosling's Black Seal.

Been working on a bottle of EWSB 2013. its almost to the point (1/4 bottle) where I will finish it by sharing with friends at a weekly get together.

A nice, toasty, 93º here in the Buckeye state. A little rHHBIB 6yr is mighty fine right now.

Phil that's "cool" fall weather here...but I'm sure you already know that. ;)

I'm going to have a beer and maybe some OWA.

s

I do know that Joe for sure, not very often Houston is cooler or less humid than Ohio...:cool:

Still riding the birthday wave with a dinner out with the in-laws. One of those fancy places where everyone serves you in a tuxedo and they have Baker's B-85-001 on the shelf. Well, now they have a little less of it.

Willet PS for me tonight. A couple of drinks closer to the bottom. Thankful this is a gift as it is not worth the $...

People think making old-fashioneds with expensive bourbon is a waste, but I tend to disagree. The huge proof keeps things from being too cloying, which is how I feel most OFs turn out.

I kept saying this to a friend who pooh-poohs the idea of drinking any quality bourbon anyway but neat then I handed him a brown-sugar OF made with ECBP and he changed his opinion right quick.

100% agree. I lean towards lower proof (86-100) when drinking neat, and the high/barrel proof stuff for classic cocktails. I don't use any liquid to dilute the bourbon in my OF (no soda, water), so the flavor of the bourbon still shines.

And made an ECBP old fashioned tonight to stay on topic. :)

When I first got Stagg Jr about a month ago I diluted about 250 ml of it to 101 proof and put it in a separate bottle in an attempt to replicate a slightly younger ER101. After letting it sit a few weeks, I opened it tonight and am having a pour.

I am surprised to say it is pretty darn good. I thought the Stagg Jr didn't take splashes of water particularly well when I first tried it but it is fairly complex after sitting awhile.

Is it as good as ER101? No, at least not the NOLA I've tried. But for folks who've been disappointed with their Stagg Jr it is a worthwhile mixture.

SA OS Rye 6 Year to start. Nice banana on the nose to go with the rye spice. Having a pull of Larceny right now. Not my favorite but not bad either.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!