What Beer Are You Drinking? Summer '13

savagehenry
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Flying Dog Raging Bitch IPA on tap with pizza tonight. Very good combination

Firestone Double DBA to start the night off,loaded with toffee and caramel,borderline cloying and a short session pour for the most part IMO.

Pulled out a 2013 Bigfoot Ale that's been hibernating in the back of my beer fridge. Perfect on this stunningly beautiful late-Summer dusk. Smelled a bit 'o Fall on my run earlier, BTW...which gets me a hankerin' for the SA Octoberfest I get to open in a few short days...:yum:

Prairie Puncheon. A farmhouse ale fermented in oak barrels, and its got one of the earthiest, funkiest noses ever. Tastes kinda like a Chardonnay, though. Not bad, but prob my least fave of theirs I've had.

Prairie Puncheon. A farmhouse ale fermented in oak barrels, and its got one of the earthiest, funkiest noses ever. Tastes kinda like a Chardonnay, though. Not bad, but prob my least fave of theirs I've had.

Interesting. Have one sitting on my desk to bring home but haven't yet.

I tried anchorage bitter monk tonight. A solid Belgian/funky ipa but pales in comparison to the darkest hour.

Also have prairie Bomb sitting on my desk to bring home. Sold out in less than a day at the store.

Dude, I would kill to have more of that bomb! Could be my fave Double/Imperial ever. Trememdous stuff. Consider myself lucky to have had the two I did.

Dude, I would kill to have more of that bomb! Could be my fave Double/Imperial ever. Trememdous stuff. Consider myself lucky to have had the two I did.

We have fielded a number of phone calls asking for it since them. Wish I could get more but it was very limited with distributor.

Craft beer week in Louisville is next. Sour event at ATG ft dauntless distributing and the Bo and Luke releases are on my calendar.

Sour in the Rye with Kumquats. Still loving this Sour in the Rye and all of its variants. Maybe Bruery's best sour?!?!

Oskar Blue's has finally hit Lex KY so having a Dale's Pale Ale tonight. Nothing crazy complex but nice and refreshing!

A deuce of Flying Dogs. Started with In Heat Wheat, now Belgian Devil. Both very tasty summer brews.

Urban Family Brewing Belgian Pale Ale with lunch & took home an Avery Brewing Uncle Jacob's Stout

Stone 17th. Solid enough, but I wouldn't pass over a current Enjoy By for it.

Thought it was sub par. I'm not a ruination fan but the recent enjoy by was great.

It wasn't very Stone-esque as pales go, but I still liked it. D-r-y.

Sam Adams Octoberfest. And, lovin' it. I figured that since football has already started, and it is the Labor Day Weekend, I can break my "Not 'til September" pledge. In addition, I'm just plain weak...

Prarie Ales Prarie Bomb! Absolutely delicious--Certainly rivals other stouts in the same vein like Abraxas and Hunahpu. Cant wait until the barrel age some of this.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!