What Beer Are You Drinking? Summer '13

savagehenry
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I went a whole other direction and poured up a nice viscous Big John and it seems to be really on tonight and hitting all the right notes.

Some Wasatch Polygamy Porter, on sale for $5/growler refill.
Porter eh,must have cooled off there,down in the mid 90's now?

Porter eh,must have cooled off there,down in the mid 90's now?

On my bike ride tonight, my Garmin recorded an average temperature of 86. It's basically winter.

Picked up...

2 x FFF Dreadnaught

6er of Gumballhead

4 x Stone Enjoy by 9.13.13

4 x Stone Coconut IPA

1 Stone 17th Anniversary

Had a Stone Wootstout last night. Followed up by a Stone RuinTen and Stone 17 today. Can you tell I'm a Stone fan?

Picked up...

2 x FFF Dreadnaught

6er of Gumballhead

4 x Stone Coconut IPA

1 Stone 17th Anniversary

Hope you find the Coconut IPA more interesting than I did. Lots of IPA, no coconut.

Hope you find the Coconut IPA more interesting than I did. Lots of IPA, no coconut.

I didn't taste much coconut either, but at least it was still a killer IPA. I thought it tasted very enjoy by-ish.

Tried the 17th anniversary last night, and while I loved the idea, and I love that they like trying different things out, I have to say I wasn't a big fan. Lacked body, and had a somewhat astringent dryness that is different from other west coast IPAs.

Picked up...

2 x FFF Dreadnaught

6er of Gumballhead

4 x Stone Coconut IPA

1 Stone 17th Anniversary

Jealous.

I drank a Deschutes Hop Squeezed after work, on my boss's dime.

Picked up...

2 x FFF Dreadnaught

6er of Gumballhead

4 x Stone Coconut IPA

1 Stone 17th Anniversary

Was told next week on the stone. But we are on the (Siberia) western ky truck.

We received some 3f gumballhead but only a case. Gone in an hour. I know Floyd's expanded again. Hope it is more than a periodic release.

Onto a Lazy Magnolia Timberbeast rye IPA. Excellent.

Enjoyed an anchorage brewing darkest hour last night. A big Belgian stout with part aged in Pinot noir and part in rye whiskey barrels.

Unbelievable really. Up there with some of the best stouts I have ever tried.

The rye whiskey is apparent but not dominant. A slight amount of funkiness from the Pinot noir barrels.

It is pricy at $16 per 750 but well worth it.

Now the Coconut IPA. Not sure I'd pick it out if I didn't know it was in there, but it is creamy for an IPA, and I get some young coconut on the finish. Kinda nutty. Not bad at all.

The kids brought back some Shiner Octoberfest which I like fine but it doesn't seem to be far different from their standard bock.

I'm really a fan of what Stone is doing with their Enjoy By line. The latest came to Chicago, and it's full of hop forward freshness with a lighter-bodied malt backbone, similar to the last one. Just a juicy, honest DIPA that drinks superbly at 9.4%, with or w/o food.

Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier after an evening out with some fellow SBers drinkin' whiskey, eatin' bacon, steak and cheesecake, and smokin' cigars. One of my favorite beers is cooling down the pipes wonderfully. A great finish to the weekend.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!