What Beer Are You Drinking? Summer '13

savagehenry
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I don't really need an IPA Day to drink IPA, but... Epic Hopulent, SN Hoptimum, Big Sky IPA.

I enjoyed a Mikkeller Wheat Is the New Hops, a bomber of Begyle Don't Bring Me Down, Zeus! IIPA and a Half Acre Daisy Cutter on IPA Day.

Came home to a delivery from the Beer Fairy today. Think I'll check out this Pils and see what it's all about.

post-8673-14489819576226_thumb.jpg

Hrmmm, could be a Ogre, dunno. But he did right by me on the Pils. Very refreshing summer beer.

SweetWater Waterkeeper Hefeweizen Ale on a hazy, hot, and humid....and lazy :crazy: Sunday afternoon here, Down South.

Made it a Wisconsin day after crossing over the border yesterday morning. Worked my way through four New Glarus Thumbprint beers -- Berliner Weiss, Wild Sour Ale, Barley Wine and IIPA -- followed by a Central Waters BBA Scotch Ale as a nightcap.

Hot and lazy here in Ohio also Joe. .Shiner Hefe, Dog in Heat Wheat, and now some Hoegaarden.

Lag Hop Stoopid,which just became available here,loads of citrus on the nose and a blast of fresh hops yet balances perfectly on the finish.I greatly enjoy this brew and not overly bitter as I find in some of these "Hop Bombs"another great product from Lagunita's.

post-9014-14489819590876_thumb.jpg

This is a very strange, very strong brew. It's 14%, 1 IBU, and it's intended to be lighter than water. Lots of tart citrus and malty sweetness.

New Holland Four Witches as a change of pace,not nearly as deep and brooding as I had expected but some nice roasted grain notes abound to keep things fairly interesting though.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16284[/ATTACH]

This is a very strange, very strong brew. It's 14%, 1 IBU, and it's intended to be lighter than water. Lots of tart citrus and malty sweetness.

The point was to make the "lightest" beer in the world. Lightest in density anyways. Goal is to ferment up as much of the sugar as possible.

Weird is all I can say.

Nah not my fave, although they did an experimental a few weeks back where they dry hopped their amber and it was pretty GD good.

My buddy and I really enjoyed the Amber, but that may have had more to do with the Amber that kept pouring them.

Nah not my fave, although they did an experimental a few weeks back where they dry hopped their amber and it was pretty GD good.

Agreed on the west sixth amber. It gets lost in a sea of ambers. The canned iPa out of the gate was awesome and against the traditional startup brewery playbook. Then they follow it up on 2nd and short with an amber (two tight ends and a fullback dive). It might have gained them C-store/grocery store shelf space but didn't keep the beer geeks attention.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!