What Beer Are You Drinking? Summer '13

savagehenry
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So is anyone in Louisville standing in line for tickets to get the Bo and Luke varietals next week?

Stone Enjoy By 9.13.13. What a gorgeously sweet hoppy nose full of hints of pine and citrus. With the malt dialed down here, the hops can be delicate and forward. I love this style of DIPA.

Its a mighty good one for sure. I THINK I can enjoy all of mine by that date. :D

Devil Dancer which is a mess of misdirection,now some Bourbon County '12 and all in the world has been once again set right.

I finished off a growler of Founder's Artist Inspired Black IPA tonight. Stout and IPA blended into one. They managed to pull it off. Tasty stuff if you can get it. It is only being sold in Michigan for about another 6 to 8 weeks. Get it while (and if) you can.

Edmund Fitzgerald Porter and Smoking Wood from the liquor cabinet along with Tart of Darkness, also from the Bruery and a Firestone Porter along with several home brews a friend brought along at a little weekend gathering last night.

Nothing really stands up to the Smoking Wood but the Tart of Darkness was quite good (The Bruery rarely seems to miss, at least for me) and the Edmund Fitzgerald was a little better than the Firestone to me.

The Bruery rarely seems to miss, at least for me.

I had the Hottenroth Berliner Weiss from the Bruery yesterday -- tartness through the roof! Made the handful of others that I've tried taste like 7-Up in comparison.

So is anyone in Louisville standing in line for tickets to get the Bo and Luke varietals next week?

Not I. Wanted to go but can't make it over there today to buy tix. I might make it to the event after UK v UofL.

Hot weather and cheap Mexican beer go well together, so this weekend we'll be drinking plenty of Pacifico and tequila. But each night will be finished off with something special, like the Two Brothers Hop Centric Imperial/Double IPA I just picked up. Can't wait to crack that baby!

Stone Enjoy By,while waiting to throw some steaks on the grill and is spot on tonight and vying my time quite nicely!

Firestone Walker Sucaba tonight. Had a Double DBA the other night. Both are great but the Double DBA was the winner for me. It's a bourbon lover's beer.

Oh, and before the Double DBA some friends and I had a bottle of the latest release of Epic's Big Bad Baptist barrel-aged imperial stout. Cacao nibs, coffee from my favorite coffee shop, Four Roses and Stranahan's barrels. Great stuff. I'm going to go buy more tomorrow.

Edited by HighInTheMtns

2 Prototypes from a soon-to-be-founded Microbrew in Westfield, IN. A dark but not heavy Black Diamond IPA, and a rye-heavy Belt Loop Ale.

A Samuel Smith "Organic" Raspberry Ale. Not earth shattering but very good as is the case with most of this brand.

Finally picked up some Founder's Centennial, Up Slope IPA, and some Sam Adams DIPA and Boulevard bourbon barrel aged #3 something or other. I like their Long Strange Trippel so I figured I'd give it a shot. Got a 6 pack of Dog Fish Head 60 minute for just over $7.00. Not a bad price!

Anybody want to go to TPS on Saturday and use their "only one per person" to pick me up a Three Floyd's Behemoth? No? Okay, carry on.

e4u3eduv.jpg

Not beer, maybe close enough? Tonight's pour with dinner.

Very good if you like sweet! But not much like beer. The apple brandy version of Pineau des Charentes. It has been on the shelf awhile if it was bottled in 2004!

Had a couple Centennials last night and was impressed. Founder's just recently hit Houston and I'm glad they did. It reminds me of a more flavorful version of DFH 60. It's done very well - lots of citrus hops flavor with malt to balance things out so that it doesn't get too bitter.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!