What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I rarely shop for bourbon anymore but I was at one of the better Louisville liquor stores that is still locally owned and picked up a bottle of Abraham Bowman millennium edition. Didn't know it was available in KY. Hopefully there is some left so I can sell it at store.

I rarely shop for bourbon anymore but I was at one of the better Louisville liquor stores that is still locally owned and picked up a bottle of Abraham Bowman millennium edition. Didn't know it was available in KY. Hopefully there is some left so I can sell it at store.

Actually stumbled on it a few months back in Northern KY. Snagged one and left the rest, but to your point i figured it a fluke and not to be found around here again.

Somewhere towards the opposite end of the spectrum, I picked up a PET traveler of Barton Ten High. This is the straight bourbon, not the "Bourbon, a Blend" garbage. And I can't find an age statement on it so I guess it is four years old. By the looks of it, it may be old stock that was sitting in a distributor's warehouse. At least, it probably predates '09 when the bourbon blend hit the market.

So, semi-dusty. Cracked it open and it smells very Barton. A little hot on the tongue (okay, pretty hot) but not entirely unpleasant. Considering it was $5.99 for a 750 ml, well, not bad.:grin:

I have been doing the same exact thing a few hours north of you. The only packaging I have seen the real deal straight bourbon Ten High in is the PET 750 traveler. All the glass bottles 1L and 1.75's are that terrible blend. I have been buying them for about $6.50. One store in town has about 4-5 left at my count. I have enjoyed a few ginger ales and Ten Highs on the pontoon this summer in the 90 degree heat. Very refreshing and not too bad on the pocket either.

I would love to get hooked up with a bottle of this. If anyone finds an extra they would be willing to ship or an online retailer selling it I would be much obliged.

I didn't buy anything today but scored a bottle of ECBP earlier in the week thanks to the generosity of a fellow SB member. Thank you, Jackinbox!

My wife wanted a new bottle of rum and actually urged me to go to the liquor store. Got a Four Roses Small Batch and a bottle of Old Forester. Oh yeah, and the rum.

My wife wanted a new bottle of rum and actually urged me to go to the liquor store. Got a Four Roses Small Batch and a bottle of Old Forester. Oh yeah, and the rum.

There is nothing to say that you can't enjoy some of the rum too! It will make your bourbon last longer! :grin:

I have been doing the same exact thing a few hours north of you. The only packaging I have seen the real deal straight bourbon Ten High in is the PET 750 traveler. All the glass bottles 1L and 1.75's are that terrible blend. I have been buying them for about $6.50. One store in town has about 4-5 left at my count. I have enjoyed a few ginger ales and Ten Highs on the pontoon this summer in the 90 degree heat. Very refreshing and not too bad on the pocket either.

yes, it works great in ginger ale. I may grab a couple more for such purposes.

Thanks to some members here, I was finally able to pick up a couple of bottles of the 4R SBLE 2013 while in Nashville this weekend. Also picked up OFBB 2013 as a gift. I wanted to pick up some more but I'm holding out that I'll find them here GA once they hit.

A bottle of Beam Black. Something different.

A family size of BB as well for me. Gonna try to make the blueberry bourbon recipe somebody posted elsewhere on the forum over the weekend. If the recipe does not work out, at least I'll have some BB left over. Beam Black is not bad at all.

Another KCSB and EWSB, as I have found both to be very solid this year.

the KCSB is far better than the EWSB to me, but it is not fair to compare 120 proof to....what is ewsb.....86.6? I think EW BIB is better than EWSB, but i just generally dont like sub 100 proofers.

Since a lot of folks here like 4RYL I picked up a 750 to try. To balance it out, I also grabbed a Booker's. ;-)

Pulled the trigger on an Elijah Craig 21 yr. today. I was kinda hopin' to delay the purchase of this one a bit, but I figured I mize well start my bourbon binge buying week a coupla days early! :D

Pulled the trigger on an Elijah Craig 21 yr. today. I was kinda hopin' to delay the purchase of this one a bit, but I figured I mize well start my bourbon binge buying week a coupla days early! :D

Do you need a loan to get to Kentucky, Joe??...:grin:

Hi Joe,

Please let us know what barrel it is and how you like it? Feel free to add that comment on the EC21 thread.

Thanks

Hugh

Do you need a loan to get to Kentucky, Joe??...:grin:

No Phil, but I may need one to get back home!! :lol:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!