What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

ECBP. I guess the new batch came in? Lots of bottles in DC, at least for a few hours.

137 proof? If so, second batch.

137 proof? If so, second batch.
I don't know, I haven't picked it up yet. I'm itching to get out of work early and get this weekend show on the road!

I don't know, I haven't picked it up yet. I'm itching to get out of work early and get this weekend show on the road!

Nothing spectacular but, thanks to a heads up from my buddy, Jackinbox, I found Blanton's for $43.99 and FRSB for $29.99 at Meijer. I couldn't pass those up.

Nice price on the Blanton's. A little more than I would normally spend but I like it and I find guests really like it.

Stopped at Billy's in Sunderland, MA, shot the breeze with Bill the owner, and spotted this on the top shelf. Always a nice find waiting for me in there. Lucky Friday! Now home to drink.

post-9252-14489819481237_thumb.jpg

post-9252-14489819481237_thumb.jpg

Stopped at Billy's in Sunderland, MA, shot the breeze with Bill the owner, and spotted this on the top shelf. Always a nice find waiting for me in there. Lucky Friday! Now home to drink.
Edited by Tucker

I was in the mood for something different, so I bought a bottle of MM46.

Nice find!

I picked up a few of these beauties this afternoon.

How is it that a 15 yr barrel proof EC12 isn't half as dark as the ECBS? Bet it's damned fine stuff though.

That's not the current, NAS, 80 proof stuff is it? If so, I'm curious what your tasting notes are. It's one of the few bourbons that's technically a bit cheaper than EWB out here ($13 for 1.75L vs $15).

*And of course, another Barton related product... yet we have no VOB, dammit.

Picked up 3 375mL of EW BIB green label with the nifty cabin on the label. It is growing on me, and figure at $6 a piece - it is a bargain either way!

It appears that Balcones recently made it's way up to Michigan and the store I was at had the Baby Blue, Brimstone and Single Malt. Walked out with a bottle of Baby Blue and looking forward to giving it a taste this evening.

It appears that Balcones recently made it's way up to Michigan and the store I was at had the Baby Blue, Brimstone and Single Malt. Walked out with a bottle of Baby Blue and looking forward to giving it a taste this evening.

Much more accessible in KY over the past few weeks as well, but Baby Blue, Brimstone and Rumble only. None of the Single Malt, etc..

You should not have passed up a bottle of single malt. If you like smokey whiskey, then get the Brimstone too.

You should not have passed up a bottle of single malt. If you like smokey whiskey, then get the Brimstone too.

Or just get a bottle of Lagavulin 16 and call it a day.

I'd go with the Lag as well, no point in buying a copy when you can get the original.

I'd go with the Lag as well, no point in buying a copy when you can get the original.

You've obviously never had Brimstone. Lagavulin is great peated single malt whisky, but Brimstone is a distillate (not grain) infused with smoke from Texas scrub oak. It's quite unique and very good!

How is it that a 15 yr barrel proof EC12 isn't half as dark as the ECBS? Bet it's damned fine stuff though.

Crazy, isn't it? I've seen a few barrel proof bourbons over the years, and I don't recall anything as dark as the regular release ECBP. You're right on our selection. It is exceptional. Tight up front as would be expected with its age, but literally explodes with a combo of sweetness and spice with a drop of water and a few minutes sitting in the glass. :yum:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!