What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Your Costco is better than mine! All we ever get is Woodford, Makers and Kirkland. :frown:

I'm taking the week off from buying as I'll be taking my first trip to TPS this Saturday. The wife wants to go to IKEA and Jungle Jim's, so I was happy to oblige as I've been curious about TPS for a while now. I'm also going to hit one of the state-run OH stores just to see what they are like.

I'm taking the week off from buying as I'll be taking my first trip to TPS this Saturday. The wife wants to go to IKEA and Jungle Jim's, so I was happy to oblige as I've been curious about TPS for a while now. I'm also going to hit one of the state-run OH stores just to see what they are like.

There is a state store in Jungle Jim's. And if you've looked at the TPS website and see something you might be interested in but they have low stock of that item, you can buy it online and schedule an in-store pickup.

You will find nothing in Ohio that they do not have at TPS. Phil is right that Jungle Jim's does have a nice selection for Ohio, but I normally go look and then go back to the beer selection.

Mike

There is a state store in Jungle Jim's. And if you've looked at the TPS website and see something you might be interested in but they have low stock of that item, you can buy it online and schedule an in-store pickup.
That's a good idea. I'll probably do that just to be safe.

You will find nothing in Ohio that they do not have at TPS. Phil is right that Jungle Jim's does have a nice selection for Ohio, but I normally go look and then go back to the beer selection.

Mike

Yeah, I'm not expecting to find anything in OH but I've just never been in a state-run store before and thought it would be interesting to check out.

Jungle Jim's does have a nice beer selection, as does TPS.

Didn't purchase anything, but put something on the bar.

[ATTACH]15952[/ATTACH]

That. Is. Awesome.

Just bought my very first bottle of Old Fitz BIB. Fantastic stuff!

Just bought my first bottle of JW Dant BIB. So far I'm really impressed. Have not had any EW BIB in awhile, but from my memory, this one seems better.

[ATTACH]15952[/ATTACH]

I never saw one of those. I'd have a hard time opening that it's so pretty.

[ATTACH]15952[/ATTACH]

First I've seen that label in action Josh, it kicks ass

It felt a little bad stripping down the pappy 20 bottle for it, but it turned out pretty well. Since its just regular printer paper I put the wine collar on it to hopefully keep any stray drips from damaging it.

This batch is probably around 65-70% OWA. I always let it mingle for at least a week. Hoping I enjoy it more than the 1:1, since there's always more OWA.

Yeti,

Is this blend something you did to stretch out the 12 year or does it add another level of kick to the 12 year? Just curious as to the reason behind the blending. I have several 12 years and am considering blending, just have to be sure before I make the sacrifice.

Just bought me a second bottle of the ECBP. I figure if I can get it, why not?

GA Costcos can only sell beer/wine and in TN none of the above.

Yeti,

Is this blend something you did to stretch out the 12 year or does it add another level of kick to the 12 year? Just curious as to the reason behind the blending. I have several 12 years and am considering blending, just have to be sure before I make the sacrifice.

Not true for all GA Costco's unless something has changed recently. The Costco near Perimeter mall has a liquor store associated with and it is open to everyone, not just Costco members. Apparently some sort of state requirement. Have been a few times but not a regular stop for me. And I hate the traffic in the area. If the Total Wine in that area still had liquor I might go more often.

That's good news. The one in Catoosa Cty doesn't have that, or at least they didn't last time I visited a year ago when they first opened up. Will have to go back and see if they've added it. Thanks

My regular local store let me behind the glass today to peruse the back of the shelves and I ended up grabbing stuff he'd tucked away for years. The cool thing is he doesn't update his prices, he sticks a price tag on each bottle and that's the price, even if it sits on the shelf for a year or 2 or 5.

So, he'll have same bottles with different prices. I skipped the OGD114 @ $27 and took the one for $24.

I had already grabbed an OF Signature from a previous store when I saw his OFsig and OF86 from a few years ago, but they were priced right for me to grab.

Couldn't resist the OldFitz 1849 from 2010 for $16.95

I was trying to keep everything in the $20 range +or- but spotted the ECBP and being the only one I've seen, ever, I wasn't leaving it behind.

Plus some bottles of scotch I'd never seen tucked behind the bourbon with '08 price tags, an Ardbeg because the rocket tour people were there giving away t-shirts and $5 discounts, that and a 10% good customer discount made it a nice value haul.

post-8877-14489819380444_thumb.jpg

post-8877-14489819381019_thumb.jpg

post-8877-14489819380444_thumb.jpg

post-8877-14489819381019_thumb.jpg

I picked up a 4R small batch to enjoy while catching up on some R&R in the OBX next week. Love the FR1B, so thought it was time to try the SB.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!