What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Cork n' Bottle's new ultra small batch Buffalo Trace. In the area, thought what the heck for $25.

Picked up a lone Bourye today. Thought there were more but it turned out that it was Son of Bourye stashed behind it. Probably a bit expensive but they are getting rare and the SOB doesn't seems to be as good. Although who knows, in a side by side I might not be able to tell them apart...

Since I'm just starting out, I asked the store manager for a mid-shelf recommendation and a premium one. I picked up Weller's Special Reserve and Jefferson's Reserve. Who said learning couldn't be fun?

Since I'm just starting out, I asked the store manager for a mid-shelf recommendation and a premium one. I picked up Weller's Special Reserve and Jefferson's Reserve. Who said learning couldn't be fun?

It can be! If you post your thoughts on these selections and your questions about others, you will get good feedback from the board on things to try. Welcome to the board!

Drove through western Montana and Idaho today, found out that dusty hunting in control states is very challenging.

Ended up with a handle of AAA 10 Star from MT because I've never seen it in WA, and two bottles of OWA from Idaho because they were 45% cheaper than the best prices in my state.

Picked up some things while in KY this weekend

FR Gift Shop OESO

Weller Antique 1.75L Cork n Bottle Selection

VOB BiB 1.75L

VOB BiB 750ml

AAA 10 yr

HH 6yr BiB

Old Ezra 7 yr 101

Old Charter 10 year

Old Fitz Prime

It's a beautiful morning in the Bluegrass.

Gotta warn me if you are heading up. I reward mules :)

Gotta warn me if you are heading up. I reward mules :)

As do I! Although Kevin certainly has much better steak at his disposal than I do...

Picked up 1 OESO and 1 OBSO from the FR GS. Also picked up a bottle of AAA while on the bourbon trail this past weekend.

Thanks to a generous SBer, a ECBP and a Leopold Bros Maryland Style Rye.

Actually it's funny you should say that. I didn't make it in time for the tasting, but I did stop in there later in the day. The OWA Single Barrel had a sign on it explaining how this barrel had been "lost in the warehouse for over a year". :grin: I bought a bottle anyway because I wanted to compare with the standard batch. $29.95 for 1 liter.

The BT had a sign saying that it was a special batch made from 3 barrels and it mentioned something about "working with Harlen Wheatley" or something along those lines. I can't remember the exact wording but I did notice it didn't specifically mention Mr. Wheatley having helped selected the barrels. I decided to pass on this for now.

I made a huge mistake that I'm kicking myself over right now. While at Jungle Jim's in Cincy, I went into the liquor store there and saw a 1L bottle of AAA for $13. I bought it immediately and was smiling all the way to the parking lot. When I got out to the car and looked at it again, I noticed it was AAA 10-Star. Reading as much about AAA on this board as I have, I should have known better. When I got to TPS, I picked up the correct 10 year AAA.

I also picked up a FR1B at TPS of recipe OESF. I'm anxious to see what that F yeast tastes like.

A question for the youngsters out there, what is that thing in the upper right corner of the above pic?

Replenished my empty EWBIB, AAA, & WT101 and then I bought my first bottles of:

HH90

WLW12

EWSmB

VOB

EBSB barrel #470 1/13

EWSB barrel #1005 11/6/12

Taking off this Friday so it will be a tasting day!

post-9757-14489819419574_thumb.jpg

Didn't pick it up but purchased a pour from it. Can't give an honest opinion as it was one of many many drinks consumed.

My regular local store let me behind the glass today to peruse the back of the shelves and I ended up grabbing stuff he'd tucked away for years. The cool thing is he doesn't update his prices, he sticks a price tag on each bottle and that's the price, even if it sits on the shelf for a year or 2 or 5.

I can see you've taken the precaution of having your value acquisitions guarded by a vicious, foul-tempered guard canine! Sensible move, indeed!

Ha! yeah, she's whiskey aggressive.

post-8877-14489819421487_thumb.jpg

Woodford Reserve Masters Collection Seasoned Oak

Woodford Reserve Masters Collection Maple Wood Finish

BMH

Town Branch

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!