What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Around $35 a bottle with tax and a case discount. My bottles were picked by the Kentucky Bourbon Society, your mileage may vary.

Cool...looking forward to tasting it at the gazebo in about 8 weeks :grin: .

Around $35 a bottle with tax and a case discount. My bottles were picked by the Kentucky Bourbon Society, your mileage may vary.

Saw one of these on BX last night.

Saw one of these on BX last night.

Yeah, I did, too. I wonder who posted it? ;)

Cool...looking forward to tasting it at the gazebo in about 8 weeks :grin: .

I'll be there. Got plenty of other goodies to bring.

Edited by elbowguru

Yeah, I did, too. I wonder who posted it? ;)

Ah did not know that was you. Will remember that.

[ATTACH]15983[/ATTACH]

6x ECBP

Finally found some in the wild and a case discount to boot.

Man, I hope you didn't drive around with those on the hood of your car! :lol:

post-10058-14489819414184_thumb.jpg

This was my haul while in Kentucky the past few days. I think I may have went a little overboard.....

post-10058-14489819414184_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15987[/ATTACH]

This was my haul while in Kentucky the past few days. I think I may have went a little overboard.....

Just snagged OF SB ("think" it was the last one they had from KBS pick) and a backup Balcones Single Malt.

Which had been lost in a corner of the warehouse until now.
Actually it's funny you should say that. I didn't make it in time for the tasting, but I did stop in there later in the day. The OWA Single Barrel had a sign on it explaining how this barrel had been "lost in the warehouse for over a year". :grin: I bought a bottle anyway because I wanted to compare with the standard batch. $29.95 for 1 liter.

The BT had a sign saying that it was a special batch made from 3 barrels and it mentioned something about "working with Harlen Wheatley" or something along those lines. I can't remember the exact wording but I did notice it didn't specifically mention Mr. Wheatley having helped selected the barrels. I decided to pass on this for now.

I made a huge mistake that I'm kicking myself over right now. While at Jungle Jim's in Cincy, I went into the liquor store there and saw a 1L bottle of AAA for $13. I bought it immediately and was smiling all the way to the parking lot. When I got out to the car and looked at it again, I noticed it was AAA 10-Star. Reading as much about AAA on this board as I have, I should have known better. When I got to TPS, I picked up the correct 10 year AAA.

I also picked up a FR1B at TPS of recipe OESF. I'm anxious to see what that F yeast tastes like.

Picked up a Jefferson 10 yr rye and a Liquor Barn private barrel of Four Roses OBSQ. Never had the Q yeast, looking forward to trying it.

Based on the many responses to my thread "What 5 are currently in you rotation", I picked up a Willett 4yr Rye and a Rittenhouse

BIB(getting the hang of the abbrev.) Rye. I liked the Willett more then the other 5 bottles I have, but, of course, it's the most expensive

of them all....

This has been a great week for me. :)

Picked up 3 bottles of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, 2 bottles of 2009 Stagg, and a bottle of Van Winkle 13 Year Rye. Should have all in hand in the next few weeks!

Seems like more of both FR 1B LE 2013 and ECBP has been made available recently as I managed to get a couple of bottles of each over the last 2 days.

dammit!

ive still yet to see any ECBP here in louisville KY. seems everyone BUT bourbon central (louisville) has it!

is a new batch just being released? if anyone in louisville sees any, would you mind telling me where? i promise to only take one bottle!

What I found was the same proof as before, 134.2. No batch number on it that I can see to tell if it is the same or not but the proof suggests it is that same.

dammit!

ive still yet to see any ECBP here in louisville KY. seems everyone BUT bourbon central (louisville) has it!

is a new batch just being released? if anyone in louisville sees any, would you mind telling me where? i promise to only take one bottle!

I haven't seen it here either. I talked with a clerk at a store just across the river who said they got two bottles of ECBP, and it flew out the door. I was told not to expect anymore at that store. I'll let you know if I come across any as I'm looking too. Any likelihood that HH gift shop would have any?

dammit!

Any likelihood that HH gift shop would have any?

from what ive heard, thats the only place around louisville that anyone has seen any. and ive heard its price is jacked up there too. ill try one if i can find it and its under $40

(Finally) some EC Barrel Proof :)

If anybody is in VA they mentioned some good stock still in the Richmond and Nova ABCs.

ORVW 10 107 in Plano Texas. Yesterday was the first time I have bought liquor in Plano. They just approved sales and the Siegal's had extra help stocking shelves and a manager asked what I was looking for. Requested FR LE1B, EC18, ECBP and any Pappy. He laughed at the Pappy, but I guess his distributor had held some back and since they just started selling spirits, I guess he got it. Not Pappy exactly, but I only had a small pour of the 107 left on my bar, so very pleased with finding a new one.

Picked up a bottle of Larceny. Haven't tried it yet and can't find weller 12 yr.

Hearing of ECBP making appearances, I made the rounds, but only picked up a 375 of EWB as I was out.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!