What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Give me a break. I may be young but I know what a record player looks like.

That would be phonograph Butterfly, phonograph.

Here's two hints.

Hint #1: Think Alexander Graham Bell.

Hint #2: He did not invent the graham cracker.

That would be phonograph Butterfly, phonograph.

Here's two hints.

Hint #1: Think Alexander Graham Bell.

Hint #2: He did not invent the graham cracker.

The Metal Detector was his crowning achievement. Is that it?

A Old Fitz BIB DSP-KY-16 thanks to a fellow generous member. I have been dying to try this for a long time

A Old Fitz BIB DSP-KY-16 thanks to a fellow generous member. I have been dying to try this for a long time

Did you open it yet?

Stocked up on more FRSmB on-sale at $19.99. It's easily my favorite mid-shelf pour.

[ATTACH]16048[/ATTACH]

Yessir. It is wonderful. Thank you again

Sweet!! Glad you liked it!!

post-8428-14489819433983_thumb.jpg

On a business trip to Indianapolis and picked up two bottles for the flight back to Dallas.

Elmer T. Lee (gold wax top). Anyone know how to date these bottles. I think they stopped using the gold wax around 2006 but I don't see any additional marking besides the bottle being made in the UK.

Found a 4r single barrel select of oesf at liquor store but the selection was for a dif store. I'm not going to snitch. Couldn't pass on the f strain though at 120 she's hot to trot but with one cube may be my drink of the summer. All hail f strain 4r.

In the last week or so I've purchased over a case of OWA single barrels, ranging in age from 6 to 9 years old (with every year in between represented), a few ETLs, and three bottles of George Dickel Single Barrel 14 year old.

I haven't tried the GD 14, nor have I heard from anyone that has, so I took a risk, but I love George Dickel, love older bourbons and ryes, and love higher proofs. This checks all the boxes.

Found this in the wild for $90

post-8988-14489819440715_thumb.jpg

Edit:

post-8988-14489819444416_thumb.jpg

Well that got low quick, ok ok, just having a glass from my open one.

Edited by skidfive

Picked up a bottle of:

Elijah Craig 18 Year Old

Old Forester 2003 (Spring 1990)

Black Maple Hill 11 Year Old Single Barrel

In the last week or so I've purchased over a case of OWA single barrels, ranging in age from 6 to 9 years old (with every year in between represented), a few ETLs, and three bottles of George Dickel Single Barrel 14 year old.

I haven't tried the GD 14, nor have I heard from anyone that has, so I took a risk, but I love George Dickel, love older bourbons and ryes, and love higher proofs. This checks all the boxes.

I had a very nice haul today while visiting my home state of MN. I finally found my PHC Golden to complete my PHC line up.

post-8921-14489819444952_thumb.jpg

post-8921-14489819444952_thumb.jpg

Edited by thiemb

I got some old school value pours today. Bourbon Deluxe circa 1990, Early Beam Old Taylor and some faux tax stamp pre-government warning Ten High.

post-8877-14489819478376_thumb.jpg

post-8877-14489819478376_thumb.jpg

I got some old school value pours today. Bourbon Deluxe circa 1990, Early Beam Old Taylor and some faux tax stamp pre-government warning Ten High.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16086[/ATTACH]

Nice! That BDL is ND, isn't it?

I got some old school value pours today. Bourbon Deluxe circa 1990

Bourbon Deluxe, Mmm, I don't know of any other label that screams more loudly, 'Low shelf, Low cost!"

Just got a heads-up from a fellow member that one of the locals got in some OGD 114.

ECBP. I guess the new batch came in? Lots of bottles in DC, at least for a few hours. EDIT: sorry, that was useless info. One store got at least 21 bottles, so it was a pretty big release, at least here. Maybe the second batch is a lot bigger than the first was.

Edited by bad_scientist

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!