What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not so much purchased for the most part as gifted to me by an uncle from Louisville, but a pretty nice haul:

PVW20

PVW15

Lot B

ECBP

Four roses OBSV 10 yr, signed by Rutledge

ER10 single barrel selection

BT single barrel selection

BMH

Weller 12

The occasion was that I don't visit often enough, so these had been stockpiled over quite some time haha...

The occasion was that I don't visit often enough, so these had been stockpiled over quite some time haha...

Well, I think we should all toast your uncle and his generosity! Bourbon is meant to be shared and enjoyed and he gave you a great gift. Salute to both of you, my friend **as my glass tips to enjoy a taste of bourbon** :toast:

1.75L AAA 10 year

750ml Early Times 354

750ml Old Forester 86pf

750ml Old Heaven Hill BiB

750ml Heaven Hill Bourbon Black Label 86pf

I bought my first bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel today. I purchased it at Meijer for $29.99. Thank you to my friends, Jackinbox and Old Dusty, for the heads up and their recommendation. I was actually impressed by their selection. I opted for FRSB over Knob Creek Single Barrel, which was $32.99. I could only select one or risk the wrath of Mrs. mbroo.

I have tried it neat and on the rocks. All I can say is wow!

1.75L AAA 10 year

750ml Early Times 354

750ml Old Forester 86pf

750ml Old Heaven Hill BiB

750ml Heaven Hill Bourbon Black Label 86pf

Bam! Quality and Quantity at a good price! I absolutely love your selections. Well done, sir!

Thank you sir! I've been trying a lot of the mid- lower- shelf lately ... and questioning why I'm spending so much on the upper shelf! Maybe the hot weather? Of course, when the weather turns colder again, my habits will likely change back ...

I bought my first bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel today. I purchased it at Meijer for $29.99. Thank you to my friends, Jackinbox and Old Dusty, for the heads up and their recommendation. I was actually impressed by their selection. I opted for FRSB over Knob Creek Single Barrel, which was $32.99. I could only select one or risk the wrath of Mrs. mbroo.

I have tried it neat and on the rocks. All I can say is wow!

That's great. I'm becoming a bigger fan of 4R more and more.

What am I going to purchase tomorrow???? Choices, choices. I just found out this will be going on tomorrow in Covington, KY. I hope I can get IKEA and Jungle Jim's squeezed in so that I can make this:

bourbon_banter.1.jpg

Ultra Small Batch #2 sounds like really, really, exclusive stuff.

Would that be better than or worse than a single barrel of BT? Or did they select a number of barrels, blend them and claim it to be "ultra"?

Well, I think we should all toast your uncle and his generosity! Bourbon is meant to be shared and enjoyed and he gave you a great gift. Salute to both of you, my friend **as my glass tips to enjoy a taste of bourbon** toast.gif

And I think I might visit more often...

Not so much purchased for the most part as gifted to me by an uncle from Louisville, but a pretty nice haul:

PVW20

PVW15

Lot B

ECBP

Four roses OBSV 10 yr, signed by Rutledge

ER10 single barrel selection

BT single barrel selection

BMH

Weller 12

i live in louisville. if your uncle would like to adopt me, please have him PM me....

Would that be better than or worse than a single barrel of BT? Or did they select a number of barrels, blend them and claim it to be "ultra"?

The endless capacity of the human imagination to find new ways to describe the same old thing.

Wow. So is the new shipment out there then? Good haul!

Guy made it sound like a stuck in the pipeline thing

Got a case of Old Forester Single Barrel last night. It's the first barrel available for sale and exceptional for the price. Baby Birthday Bourbon.

Got a case of Old Forester Single Barrel last night. It's the first barrel available for sale and exceptional for the price. Baby Birthday Bourbon.

Interesting...and the price was? I myself was out of Barton BIB for a whole week :bigeyes: but the 2 mile trip to my local Binny's last night and $15 (damn Cook County taxes) took care of that.

Edited by T Comp

Around $35 a bottle with tax and a case discount. My bottles were picked by the Kentucky Bourbon Society, your mileage may vary.

Got back from a road trip, and the haul was small. KCSB Liquor Barn barrel 246, Willet rye barrel 26A (110 proof), JW Dant (375 ml just to try), FRSB gift shop OESO (12 years 5 months, 55%) and FRSB gift shop OBSO (10 years 8 months, 54.1%).

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!