What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Another PHC blend came home along with JPS 21yr x2.

Non whiskey, a set of 4 Glencairn wide bowl "Canadian" glasses also got purchased today, looking forward to trying these out.

B

you don't like your family?

Love the family. If I didn't, it would have been a bottle of Beam's 8-Star. :lol:

Heeeey, don't be dissing the Star, that's the working man's friend.

im starting to think squire just likes bourbon, in general....

Just picked up a bottle of KC Rye. Never tried rye whiskey. Looking forward to it.

let us know what you think. if its anything like the other two KC's, it will be great

Picked up 2 WLW 12 year. Trying to have enough to get me through the year with this as a daily drinker. Seems to be harder and harder to find.

Found a bunch of JPS18s at an unexpected location and the price was right so one came home with me. More bottles might be coming home with me later.

OK. I can't find JPS18 on the Frequently Used Acronyms list. The only J listings are Jim Beam and Jack Daniels.

So, I'd really appreciate a clue for JPS18. (John Phillip Sousa?) ;-)

Jefferson's Presedential Select - a fairly new offering from Castle Brands that was first released around 2009 as the "Ultra Premium" version of their standard Jefferson's Reserve.

OK. I can't find JPS18 on the Frequently Used Acronyms list. The only J listings are Jim Beam and Jack Daniels.

So, I'd really appreciate a clue for JPS18. (John Phillip Sousa?) ;-)

That would be Jefferson's Presidential Select. There is a 17yr, 18yr and 21yr.

Due to the kindness of another SB'er, I was able to pick up a bottle of ECBP. They had reserved the last two at the store, but only bought one and left the last one there for me to buy. Thank's a lot, Joe!

Sorry Joe, when I made the post I didn't see your reply until I hit the post button. Didn't mean to be redundant. By the way, I found a store with a JPS 18 and a PHC 10yr wheat (2010 I believe) on the self. Any thought on which I should go for?

i sure wishi i could find an ECBP....never even seen one.

tried to get rid of the OGD BIB and the VOB bib tonight...guess the typing gave me away!......

Sorry Joe, when I made the post I didn't see your reply until I hit the post button. Didn't mean to be redundant. By the way, I found a store with a JPS 18 and a PHC 10yr wheat (2010 I believe) on the self. Any thought on which I should go for?

Uh, I would buy every PHC 10 and then whatever I could afford of the JPS (17 never had 18.) That's just me.

Just poking fun at you BB about the JPS.:grin:

Uh, I would buy every PHC 10 and then whatever I could afford of the JPS (17 never had 18.) That's just me.

Just poking fun at you BB about the JPS.:grin:

I'm with Joe. Buy those PHC wheaters. That is phenomenal juice.

OGD BIB

OC 10

Skipped over sampling some of the less expensive bourbons time to loop back!

By the way, I found a store with a JPS 18 and a PHC 10yr wheat (2010 I believe) on the self. Any thought on which I should go for?

Another vote for the Parker.

Spent the day w Yeti and KySalesRep. Had lunch and went over to W6th to shoot the shit for awhile. Just had a great time with these two galoots. KSR had already been to 4R early that morning and graciously offered us samples (which we promptly and enthusiastically accepted) from his OBSO and OESO gift shop bottles. They left enough of an impression that Yeti and I headed there after. KSR also had the score of the day earlier, when he stumbled across a case of WT101 Rye! The bastich. Case discount and everything, so he done good. But I think we all walked away pretty well from the meeting. Again, thanks for the great time fellas!

Dan's Turkey!

post-8673-14489819370579_thumb.jpg

My haul.

post-8673-14489819371158_thumb.jpg

Looks like you guys did great!Nice score on the WTR and what is the Dant you found,looks like an old girl?

Picked up some FR1B from the gift shop (OBSO, OESO) that MyOldKyDram told you about. Very good juice, I think the jury decided the OBSO was the pick today, but both are great and I will be picking up more. Had a great time meeting up with these guys and talking bourbon, great guys! Oh yeah, a big THANKS! to Yeti for gifting me a Bowman Millennium Whiskey, you sir, are too kind! Great members we have here and I look forward to hanging out again. Thanks guys!

I've still got about 5 hours of driving and a stop at TPS ahead of me, but the back seat is already gratuitous.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!