What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've still got about 5 hours of driving and a stop at TPS ahead of me, but the back seat is already gratuitous.

Everything covered in bubble wrap in case you hit a pot hole?

Just bought my very first bottle of Johnny Drum Private Stock, 101 proof. Very tasty pour.

In addition to a bottle of DSP1 Rittenhouse noted in the rye thread I stumbled across a bottle of FR LE SB 2013 at two different stores (one was just sitting on the shelf all by itself taunting me).

I decided to give them both a new home!

Spent the day w Yeti and KySalesRep. Had lunch and went over to W6th to shoot the shit for awhile. Just had a great time with these two galoots. KSR had already been to 4R early that morning and graciously offered us samples (which we promptly and enthusiastically accepted) from his OBSO and OESO gift shop bottles. They left enough of an impression that Yeti and I headed there after. KSR also had the score of the day earlier, when he stumbled across a case of WT101 Rye! The bastich. Case discount and everything, so he done good. But I think we all walked away pretty well from the meeting. Again, thanks for the great time fellas!

Dan's Turkey!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15939[/ATTACH]

My haul.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15940[/ATTACH]

Both bottled last month. The OBSO is 10 yr 8 months. The OESO is 12 yr 5 mo.

Spent the day w Yeti and KySalesRep. Had lunch and went over to W6th to shoot the shit for awhile. Just had a great time with these two galoots. KSR had already been to 4R early that morning and graciously offered us samples (which we promptly and enthusiastically accepted) from his OBSO and OESO gift shop bottles. They left enough of an impression that Yeti and I headed there after. KSR also had the score of the day earlier, when he stumbled across a case of WT101 Rye! The bastich. Case discount and everything, so he done good. But I think we all walked away pretty well from the meeting. Again, thanks for the great time fellas!

Dan's Turkey!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15939[/ATTACH]

My haul.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15940[/ATTACH]

What a great day, with a cameo by W6th to boot! Great finds!

Ok so I'm new to the forum and have spent the last couple of weeks reading numerous threads and what I learned was that was going about my testing wrong. Taking SB members reccomendtions I spent a couple lunch hours this week acquiring the following list to taste over the 4th July wk:

EC12

LARCENY

AAA10

WLWRES

JBDC

EB90

BB

GD12

GDRYE

ETL

BT

Itis going to be a great 4 days, especially since it's going to rain everyday.

Finished my tastings yesterday and to my surprise loaved then all but the JBDC. It was just too oaky for me but I did manage to drain the bottle with a lot of help from ginger ale.

Not purchased but my Dad gave me an EH Taylor Small Batch and an ECBP for my bday. Good start to the day :)

Here's the haul from yesterday.

post-9014-14489819373065_thumb.jpg

Was disappointed to find P&M didn't have the F yeast in stock yet after adding a few extra hours to the trip to get out there, but dropped a few bills on EWBIB, AAA 10yr, and beer anyway. It's a nice little store (that would have been a lot nicer with a PS FRSB). And Joe, the cashier, wanted to chat me up about pro wrestling, which is always a bonus.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15944[/ATTACH]

Was disappointed to find P&M didn't have the F yeast in stock yet after adding a few extra hours to the trip to get out there, but dropped a few bills on EWBIB, AAA 10yr, and beer anyway. It's a nice little store (that would have been a lot nicer with a PS FRSB). And Joe, the cashier, wanted to chat me up about pro wrestling, which is always a bonus.

That is a professional level haul. Well done!

Hell of a haul Josh,looks like you got all bases covered with that hoard!

Great job, Josh! I see you were able to find a FRSB LE 2009, nice score! It was a great day all-around, glad you had safe travels and found great juice.

what a load! even after I dumped out all the beer in the pic (i hate beer!), that would still take me over 2 years to go through!

3 bottles of closeout 114 @ 17/ea a friend picked up for me.

1 bottle of Saz. Jr. another friend found.

1 bottle of Yellow Label @ 17.25.

Thats a about it for now. Been mostly drinking from the bunker. It is past time for me to pick up some FRSmB though.

Last week on a trip through Kentucky I found these to add to my collection. Gotta take a family pic soon.

- Old Scout 6 and 10 bourbon

- Old Scout 7 Rye

- Breckenridge

- Glenfarclas

Sorry bout the 4R. Good to see you were able to find some beer. Seems as though all things with bourbon take time. They were bottled 3 weeks ago and should arrive (soon). Not sure why a 20 mile distance from 4r to the distributors warehouse takes 3 weeks.

I have passed directly by the exit to four roses no less than 30 times in those 3 weeks. But the 3 tier system is at work here. Inefficient for everyone except Uncle Sam.

Bulleit bourbon 1.75L with two glasses (they are pretty cool) for $42.99 at Costco. Not a bad deal.

143_TOB_Bulliet_Glass_500x0.jpg

Bulleit bourbon 1.75L with two glasses (they are pretty cool) for $42.99 at Costco. Not a bad deal.

143_TOB_Bulliet_Glass_500x0.jpg[/quote

Your Costco is better than mine! All we ever get is Woodford, Makers and Kirkland. :frown:

I wonder why there is such difference in what Costcos carry?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!