Weller 12 flying off the shelves?

michang5
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

When the cupboard is bare, they bottle as soon as enough of the whiskey is ready. Buffalo Trace has a ton of bottling capacity. The thing they can't rush is the age of the whiskey.

They need to talk to this guy in Cleveland...

I'll say because this guy in Cleveland has been having Weller 12 Nervosa. I'm down to 4 handles dammit and I can't buy this stuff here.

I'll say because this guy in Cleveland has been having Weller 12 Nervosa. I'm down to 4 handles dammit and I can't buy this stuff here.

So what's that, a ten-day supply, maybe?

I went to the picture then went back to see where you're from! Oh, well.

I've been all over looking for some the last couple days. Feel like just last week when I wasn't looking for it I saw it on every shelf.

Saw this today[ATTACH]15961[/ATTACH]

Anyone need some Weller 12?

Interesting display but not one I would use if you have shopping carts cruising around.

Agreed. It was in the back isolated though. I picked up a couple of bottles. Left the rest.

Agreed. It was in the back isolated though. I picked up a couple of bottles. Left the rest.

• 2 weeks later...

I found about 15 bottles of W12 downtown Louisville last night. Bought two. If anyone downtown wants to know where they are, I'm happy to help. The had one bottle of EC Barrel Proof as well at $60, which I passed on due to having spent a ton of money over the weekend on others!

I found about 15 bottles of W12 downtown Louisville last night. Bought two. If anyone downtown wants to know where they are, I'm happy to help. The had one bottle of EC Barrel Proof as well at $60, which I passed on due to having spent a ton of money over the weekend on others!

Tried to send you a PM, but you have them disabled. I'm out in the suburbs, but would drive downtown for a bottle. It's getting tougher to find! Mind sharing? PM would be preferred so they aren't vultured...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ugh. Why can't I figure out who PMs work here? I use a ton of other vBulletin forums and have no problems there...

Ugh. Why can't I figure out who PMs work here? I use a ton of other vBulletin forums and have no problems there...

Yeah, I was thinking it must be post count. But, at least, you have it narrowed to downtown Louisville. Enjoying a little WL12 right now!

Still quite a bit of W12 in the Jax FL area. Picked up a handle yesterday on sale $45.

Edited by jonhalter
spelling

Just gossip. Just as others have said it's regional and sproradic. This region is flush and has been consistently. Some regions aren't so lucky.

"You heard it here first" except I've herd this scenario multiple times, although the other versions were devoid of the snickering conspiracy. as chuck cowdery has pointed out countless times VW is a drop in the bucket compared to weller. I think the entire production of VW last year was like 8,000 bottles (I think). You could grow that 5 fold before it even registered with weller. It's just simple supply and demand. Weller will return soon. likely with a mild price increase

And disclaimer, I am not endorsing the theories in that blog post just linking for your reading pleasure. With that said its easy to see how people would connect the dots if W12 is scarce where they are AND there happens to be more ORVW10/107 and Lot B this fall. The first may be true and the second remains to be seen. Makes for good message board talk. And BTW there seems to be plenty of W12 in my neck of the woods.

its easy to see how people would connect the dots if W12 is scarce where they are AND there happens to be more ORVW10/107 and Lot B this fall.

Not really. Julian said late last year that that there would be much more available this fall (2013) than in previous years. So, that's nothing new nor is it speculation (unless something unforseen by Julian happens.) Let's say that they release 4 or 5 times as much as they had in the past. That would still probably make up less than 1% of BT's wheater output. The shortages in certain areas is clearly a direct result of supply and demand.

Well there is that, and the fact that there was no spring release so there will certainly be a larger than "normal" allotment anyway. Which will no doubt give an A-HA! moment to the conspiracy theorists.

I heard a rumor last year that Buffalo Trace had talked the Van Winkles into letting them release one of their offerings year round. That bottle? Lot B. I can't tell you if it's true, I know I was a bit skeptical. However, it seems to make sense in light of some of the other rumors I am hearing.

I just did inventory and kept finding these everywhere. I've got 11, which I guess means I need one more :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.