Weller 12 flying off the shelves?

michang5
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

There are 0 bottles at the distributor in any size in Illinois. I hope I don't get in trouble for divulging this.

. [ATTACH=CONFIG]16296[/ATTACH]

Also thats a crossed wheat so its probably a 1ltr not a 750. Talk to them about the price it should be a lil more than normal but every crossed wheat 1ltr bottling i have had has been a lot better than current w12 750s

I found several here in Bloomington, Indiana yesterday. I'm stocked up so I didn't purchase any, but if anyone in the area is looking, happy to tell you where. $26.

There are 0 bottles at the distributor in any size in Illinois. I hope I don't get in trouble for divulging this.

Plenty on the shelf in down state Illinois. My local store just got in a case about 2 weeks ago.

I like both WL12 and OWA on their own. However, I really like the SB blend. The two really complement each other well. I would match the flavor and enjoyment of the SB blend to almost any single bottle that I have had for the price of the two 750s that it takes to have the ingredients on hand.

He said he was "a huge bourbon drinker" and that "if it was any good, I would have heard about it." :slappin:

Also thats a crossed wheat so its probably a 1ltr not a 750. Talk to them about the price it should be a lil more than normal but every crossed wheat 1ltr bottling i have had has been a lot better than current w12 750s

I have a 750 with the wheat on it that I bought recently (bottled in 2010.) Tastes just like the current stuff. I've also seen 1.75s with the wheat embossed on the bottle.

I have a 750 with the wheat on it that I bought recently (bottled in 2010.) Tastes just like the current stuff. I've also seen 1.75s with the wheat embossed on the bottle.

Checked both stores I passed through today and Weller 12 and WSR were pretty available. OWA was also in both stores but fewer in number.

post-8493-14489819638599_thumb.jpg

Most of those towards the back are Weller 12's.

None at Wirtz Distributing?

Checked both stores I passed through today and Weller 12 and WSR were pretty available. OWA was also in both stores but fewer in number.

It's always interesting to see regional differences here. Weller 12 is pretty much non-existent, whereas we're flush with WSR and OWA (including 1.75s!).

Is Weller 12 available in South Jersey?

To be honest, I've never seen W12 in NJ, period. I don't think it is available at all for some reason. Only OWA from what I have seen.

Fortunately, I work in Manhattan, and there are some stores in NYC that have W12, so I have stocked up when I have had the chance.

My bunker is well stocked with W12, more than anything else. Just a good staple to have around, both on its own and for vatting purposes.

To be honest, I've never seen W12 in NJ, period. I don't think it is available at all for some reason. Only OWA from what I have seen.

Fortunately, I work in Manhattan, and there are some stores in NYC that have W12, so I have stocked up when I have had the chance.

My bunker is well stocked with W12, more than anything else. Just a good staple to have around, both on its own and for vatting purposes.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will have to look elsewhere.

Maybe the info you and others that are in the industry receive from salesmen/distributors is a little more above board than what us regular consumers are told. In the past, I've talked with distributors/salesmen from Wirtz, Judge and Dolph, and Southern to name a few. Not always the case, but more often than not, it's been my experience to not put a lot of faith in what I've been told.

I hope they leave more of whats being dumped for SR in the barrels another few years till it grows up into W12. I have some SR on hand for mixing only, after a few tries at neat its just not happening, I'd rather it stayed in the barrel, I'll pay the extra$$ at least it will taste good.

Edited by kcgumbohead

I hope they leave more of whats being dumped for SR in the barrels another few years till it grows up into W12. I have some SR on hand for mixing only, after a few tries at neat its just not happening, I'd rather it stayed in the barrel, I'll pay the extra$$ at least its tastes good.
I agree with that 100%. I don't care for WSR at all. I would assume it's the same juice as OWA, but at a lower proof. Yet, it doesn't taste like it to me.

I agree with that 100%. I don't care for WSR at all. I would assume it's the same juice as OWA, but at a lower proof. Yet, it doesn't taste like it to me.

Thin and tannic is exactly how I see the current Weller 12 unfortunately, tho it was not always so.

Maybe the info you and others that are in the industry receive from salesmen/distributors is a little more above board than what us regular consumers are told. In the past, I've talked with distributors/salesmen from Wirtz, Judge and Dolph, and Southern to name a few. Not always the case, but more often than not, it's been my experience to not put a lot of faith in what I've been told.

I think this is just part of temporary rolling blackouts that we need to expect over the next few years. Some states flush, some states waiting for the next drop.

Some of this discussion reminds me of an old joke.

"That restaurant? I don't go there anymore. The food is terrible. And such small portions!"

Pretty easy to find on the shelves in Seattle but the price is BS. Cheapest I've seen is $31 before tax, which ends up being ~$40 when it's all said and done. The high price is a result of the taxes as well as the distributor pricing due to the fact that the Weller labels were never readily available out here during the state control years (i.e. there's not much demand).

Pretty easy to find on the shelves in Seattle but the price is BS. Cheapest I've seen is $31 before tax, which ends up being ~$40 when it's all said and done. The high price is a result of the taxes as well as the distributor pricing due to the fact that the Weller labels were never readily available out here during the state control years (i.e. there's not much demand).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.