What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Wryguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thanks to a fellow SBer locating an extra or two, I finally opened my 125th FR SmB. Wow. Just wow. Had a small pour last night and just poured another when I got home today. Just an extraordinary nose and long fantastic finish.

Some Four Roses SB from my gift shop bottle to lessen the sting of my Reds getting destroyed tonight.

Sipping on some 4RSmBLE'12 to close out the night - it's been a while since I've had bourbon but this bottle is a nice one to break back into game

Did you happen to find yours in Indiana?

I did not. Haven't seen it here. I was in KY and the FR GS was selling it so picked it. I'm hopeful at still finding some here in the Hoosier state but I'm not holding my breath. :-)

It's a sort of regrettable buy for the price

Ours is such a wonderful hobby. One where the best way to sooth the pain of a bad decision is to indulge in the experience of that very decision.

Are you in some kind of feud with the Bowmans? I know that's how things work in the Appalachians...

I took good care of that dirty John J. fella, but several of Abe's twin brothers keep sneaking into my house. I think I'll be entrenched in this war for some time to come.

Old Medley while watching shrimp cook on the grill. It's a sort of regrettable buy for the price, although I'm happy to clear shelf space for stuff from the bunker.

Agree that the price is regrettable, but the pour itself is quite nice, I think .

A good bit of WLW 09 last night while hoping the Indians dont suffer the same fate as the Reds.

Ours is such a wonderful hobby. One where the best way to sooth the pain of a bad decision is to indulge in the experience of that very decision.

A couple fingers of vintage 17 wheated.

And the old medley 12 year is not bad stuff.

Stay tuned for a Medley Brothers release from the folks that brought you wathens and medley.

Wow, what an amazing 24 hours of tasting. Loads of great pours at Justin's especially his growing Armagnac collection. 8yr HH, delicious 76 Turkey... etc

Today, was insane the highlight a feaux tax stamp Cabin Still that I'm still smelling. The ultimate 21 yr blend of 3 WFEs. Thank you thank you. Finished the day tasting 4 SBs of Jeff 18, very different animals only one was a real star, but still held nothing to that Cabin Still.

Last night, thanks to a last minute get together with Balcones Winston, I had the distinct pleasure of sampling the Balcones Texas Straight Bourbon.

Tonight I'm starting with a pour of SW Old Fitz BIB. Then I think I may switch to some scotch, but that's a subject for another thread.

Putting the capper on a looooong day with some sips of a B&B Package OWA private select barrel that is really wonderful.

Tonight I'm starting with a pour of SW Old Fitz BIB. Then I think I may switch to some scotch, but that's a subject for another thread.

So I was wrong about that scotch. The Old Fitz started a up dusty craving, so I've just poured some early 80's OGD BIB, and I see a Louisville OWA in the near future. Not a bad way to unwind on a Wednesday night.

Finally!! ​It's quite good.

Yes it is. Thanks to the generosity of several here, KBF weeekend, saw at least 3 bottles being finished among us at Doug's place or the Gazebo.

Felt in a mid range woody kind of mood I guess. Pour of Bakers then a healthy pour of WR Double Oaked (meh)

EC12, followed by another pour of ... EC12. Back when EC18 was under $50, I still preferred the 12. Now that the 18 is gone and there is a 21 y/o version for well north of a C note, I appreciate an the 12 that much more.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!