What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Wryguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just had a small pour of Burnside Bourbon from a craft distillery in Portland, OR. It was actually quite tasty and very smooth for being a 4 year old bourbon. I also liked the fact that they bottle it at 96 proof to give it a little more oomph. For under $30 this is a great craft bourbon as so many of it's peers tend to be quite a bit more expensive for an often younger product.

http://www.eastsidedistilling.com/our-spirits/burnside-bourbon-whiskey/

FR 1B LE 2013, SB Blend, Larceny and Hirsch22 Rye. I know crazy order and the last one's not a bourbon. So sue me.

Looks like you have it under control - carry on. :-)

Shared 3-4 pours of William LaRue Weller 2012 and a few Balcones Single Malt last night at the Cigar Inn. Nice BYO spot in the NYC for cigars.

I mixed me up some Old Rip Van Winkle 10/107 and WL Weller 12yo.

About 50/50, sipping it neat.

Heading out of town for VA Tech's homecoming game. Probably won't be posting a lot this weekend but here's what I've got packed up for the trip. Bottles of Old Scout 8 year, Willett 9 year, PHC 6th, 25 year Armagnac. And some 2 and 4 oz. sample bottles of Ritt 25, ORVW 10/107, Beam 175 month, 48 year old single grain scotch, and a Four Roses blend I threw together from some open bottles - 120th Anniversary, 2013 Single Barrel LE, and 12 Year OESO from the gift shop.

Heading out of town for VA Tech's homecoming game. Probably won't be posting a lot this weekend but here's what I've got packed up for the trip. Bottles of Old Scout 8 year, Willett 9 year, PHC 6th, 25 year Armagnac. And some 2 and 4 oz. sample bottles of Ritt 25, ORVW 10/107, Beam 175 month, 48 year old single grain scotch, and a Four Roses blend I threw together from some open bottles - 120th Anniversary, 2013 Single Barrel LE, and 12 Year OESO from the gift shop.

Next Wednesday we'll be headed to the Lexington Liquor Barn to replenish our stores of AAA 10YO, VOB BIB, and OWA.(Plus whatever else is on sale.) In the meantime, I am surprised to find myself enjoying several pours of AAA 10*. Haven't had any in years because AAA 10YO is clearly superior. Even so, 10* I can get in OH and don't need to drive 200 miles to get it. Not great but not bad at all. Not bad at all. But, then, everything tastes better after the first 6 or 8 ounces.

Still at work, but won't be for long. I'm thinking it will be a comparison night. 4RSB v. 4RSmB? Rowan's Creek v. Johnny Drum Private Stock? SA VOS v. SA OS? Suggestions?

I didn't say everything was full and/or we would finish everything.

Bunch of lushes :D

Go big or go home.

You won't be posting because you are at the football game or because you will be passed out? :lol:

Odd concoction, at least for me. A reverse Forgiven with better whiskeys. 2/3 Sazerac Rye and 1/3 OGD 114. It was pretty mellow and then it hit me...:shocked:

Old Ezra 7yr this evening. As is typical with this whiskey, it delivers a nice chewy, caramel and smoky experience.

Making a few new batches of SB blends. Sipping on some W12 now. Great nose and so tasty! Will move on to try W12:OWA at 2:1 ratio after this.

Some Beam 12 year. Not bad, easy to drink. Very similar to the 7 year 90 proof Distiller's Edition, I think. Similar flavors (vanilla, candy corn) and not overly barrel influenced.

Worth $40? Maybe not, but I have a soft spot for bottles with age statements.

Had some 4RSmBLE'12 while in chat earlier... man was this pour SWEEEEETT - this was the first bit of bourbon I've had in about a week.

Had some 4RSmBLE'12 while in chat earlier... man was this pour SWEEEEETT - this was the first bit of bourbon I've had in about a week.

Funny enough I picked up a bottle of that 4RSmBLE'12 last year when I was in KY for work and happened to stop by the 4R distillery. I had no idea that it would be that good of a find since I knew little about bourbon then and it had not yet been rated by Whisky Advocate. Since then it's remained sealed in the closet awaiting it's day in the sun.

As for me I had a wee dram (can you say "wee dram" when referring to bourbon?) of Woodinville Whiskeys microbarrel mashbill number 9 bourbon... phew thats a long name! It's obviously young but I really dig the heavy oak flavor that they get from aging in the 5 and 10 gallon barrels. For some reason this bourbon really hits the spot, I could nose it all day. I can't wait until their straight bourbon is finally ready!

As for me I had a wee dram (can you say "wee dram" when referring to bourbon?)

I'm not crazy about the term, but am OK with it if you continue to use the proper names "whiskey" and "bourbon", and refrain from using the term "juice" in their place. Deal? ;)

and refrain from using the term "juice" in their place. Deal? ;)

Hear, hear!!

"Juice" is oh so disrespectful to bourbon.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!