What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Wryguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Still on travel in New Orleans. Joined the n.o.b.s at the bourbon bar and had a free pour of wsr, followed by a paid pour of black maple hill. Moved bars and had a pour of blanton's

Keeping it in the family with some PVW15. Doesn't touch the ORVW but it's still damn tasty.

What year is the 15 out of curiosity?

Putting the capper on a looooong day with some sips of a B&B Package OWA private select barrel that is really wonderful.

Seconded! This is a great selection.

I took good care of that dirty John J. fella, but several of Abe's twin brothers keep sneaking into my house. I think I'll be entrenched in this war for some time to come.

FR 1B LE 2013, SB Blend, Larceny and Hirsch22 Rye. I know crazy order and the last one's not a bourbon. So sue me.

Centennial over a cube since it's really humid here for the first week of October.

FR 1B LE 2013, SB Blend, Larceny and Hirsch22 Rye. I know crazy order and the last one's not a bourbon. So sue me.

I'm suing you for emotional distress because I don't have any Hirsch 22 to finish my evening.

PHC 4th. Nearing the end of the bottle.

Thankfully, more stashed away for future rainy days.

B

I usually don't drink until the weekend but I had nice pour of ECBP batch #2 followed by a small pour of HH 6 Year BIB. Needed to relax a little and watch the game. HH 6 Year BIB is a great value at $9.99 a bottle.

A little ETL while switching between the Thurs sports. Hopefully the Braves will sort this one out and get back in it.

I'm suing you for emotional distress because I don't have any Hirsch 22 to finish my evening.

Josh, you are welcome anytime to share a pour. In fact there may be an Indy gathering soon and you could partake.(hint:look at the Bourbon Social thread)

Josh just swing by and grab me on your way!

Sean, that's perfect! TomH has one Saturday and Jon/Dawn on the 26th so you and Josh can just hang in the Hoosier state for three weeks right?

Just got home from a long week of travel and celebrating being home with a pour of Weller Centennial Bottle Barn SB...really, really good bourbon! :cool:

I usually don't drink until the weekend but I had nice pour of ECBP batch #2 ....
Thought I was going to have to request the forum ban me for bad taste. followed your lead with some batch #2, then was in office sending email and wanted another sip. had a Beam Craft Brandy blend next to me and sipped it. Thought wow, this is as good as ECBP. Had to go back to ECBP to see the error of my ways. Yes, I smacked myself a few times.

Private selection Buffalo Trace SBS with the regular. Regular BT is good...the private selection is REALLY good

Well, it's my birthday so going with a few favorites. Started with a little 2008 Mariage, then a small pour of 2011 GTS, and finishing with some good ol Lot B. Eyed the PVW 20 for a minute, but couldn't bring myself to crack it open. Not a milestone birthday after all and it's the only one I have. Lol.

Last night was the Boston Whisky Live event. Met some friends there and we got to tastin'... there were approximately 50 bottlers/distillers/makers represented. I probably tasted 70 different whiskies, mostly in small sips.

Highlights included the Angel's Envy Rye (now I need a bottle), the Balcones Brimstone (love that unique smoke! now I need a bottle), ECBP (none available around here.. love it and need a bottle or two), EC21 (I'll probably not actually buy a bottle), PHC 7th (want at least two bottles), and local distillery Berkshire Mountain Distillers bourbon finished in Sam Adams "Utopia" beer casks, a Massachusetts only release (I'll pick up one or two of these).

In foreign whiskeys, after tasting my way around the room, I'm hoping to over time to pick up Aberlour 18, Amrut Fusion, Glenfarclas 21 and 25, Powers John's Lane and some Julio's store picks of cognac and scotch.

I made sure to keep myself fed and extra-hydrated through the event, but I was still paying the price this morning at work...

Edited by Kalessin

Well, it's my birthday so going with a few favorites. Started with a little 2008 Mariage, then a small pour of 2011 GTS, and finishing with some good ol Lot B. Eyed the PVW 20 for a minute, but couldn't bring myself to crack it open. Not a milestone birthday after all and it's the only one I have. Lol.

A bit of the Hooker House bourbon tonight followed by a local single barrel of Old Forester 90 proof.

The HH is nicely rounded by the pinot noir with some obvious fruit notes and a little bit of sweetness. Turns what is probably a basic sourced bourbon into something quite pleasant and sippable.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!