What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Export version of Rare Breed from what I have been able to gather. There isn't a ton out there but one michaelturtle1 edumacated me on it.

Make a perfect sense now ahh...

If PHC 7th didn't keep reappearing I probably wouldn't have bought one, but since it's on the shelves in NorCal I picked one up. Call me a sucker.

It's reappearing on the shelves of my dealers as well and while I did enjoy my one bottle I don't think it's worht $90 for another.

I was out and about and was near the big liquor store today, so I stopped in and picked up the Mellow Corn I keep forgetting to get.

This is really good stuff, especially for $9.99!

This has DSP 354 on it.......now that Ritt is being made at HH again, is MC going to also resume HH production? If so, Id like to try them side by side to see if it warrants a stockpile of 354 or not

Picked up a Four Roses Private Selection OBSQ. 2 more recipes to go before I have all 10 open on the bar

I could see some changes with Rye but I doubt Corn is nuanced enough to notice a difference.

I was just wondering....most comments on here seem to say the 354 Ritt was better than the new HH Ritt, and was wondering if theres any noticeable difference in the MC, or, if it even has transferred back to distilling at HH.

I was just wondering....most comments on here seem to say the 354 Ritt was better than the new HH Ritt, and was wondering if theres any noticeable difference in the MC, or, if it even has transferred back to distilling at HH.

I haven't seen any DSP-1 MC, though I have to order it in bulk since it's not available locally. Meaning, it'll be a bit before I re-order and potentially find out if any will have a DSP-1 notation. Either way, the day people start hoarding Mellow Corn will be the day I'm totally, 100% convinced that humanity has gone absolutely batsh#$%&t crazy. I'm only 90% convinced at the moment.

I haven't seen any DSP-1 MC, though I have to order it in bulk since it's not available locally. Meaning, it'll be a bit before I re-order and potentially find out if any will have a DSP-1 notation. Either way, the day people start hoarding Mellow Corn will be the day I'm totally, 100% convinced that humanity has gone absolutely batsh#$%&t crazy. I'm only 90% convinced at the moment.

im not talking about hoarding or bunkering it, but if it were to change to something non appealing, then I may very well go buy a half case....considering youre only talking $60 to do that.

only 90% sure? youre an optimist!

only 90% sure? youre an optimist!

Ha! I see what you're saying and do agree. Why not? Not like it'd cost much. Still, I kinda lean towards what Squire was saying - not sure how much difference there could be because of the nature of what Mellow Corn is. But who knows? Now, where's my panic button?!?!

Thanks to another SBer and our fabulous local store, I grabbed a ECBP (66.6%) today.

Me too!! Imagine that :cool: The magic of SB is not to be denied! Also picked up an OGD 114.

Have a buddy who did a 4 Roses Single Barrel private barrel selection at his store back in September. The group of us picked an OBSO 10 year. Finally came in today so I brought home six. Can't wait to open one up.

FRSB holiday set with two glasses, this is the one from last year. I am being told that no FRSB or FRSmB gift sets are coming to Michigan this year. Maybe I will find some in Chicago in January.

Best regards, Tony

FRSB holiday set with two glasses, this is the one from last year. I am being told that no FRSB or FRSmB gift sets are coming to Michigan this year. Maybe I will find some in Chicago in January.

Best regards, Tony

This year's version has "125th" rocks glasses. If yours just say Four Roses those are last year. But still very cool.

I picked up a bunch of the gift sets last year, as I loved the FR glasses, I loved the two barrels that were represented in the store's gift sets, and they were only $30 for the set. Win Win Win. Frankly, for long-term usage, I'd rather have the generic FR glasses than "125th" ones, but that is picking nits. Nice sets all around, though they jumped to $36 this year around me.

Have a buddy who did a 4 Roses Single Barrel private barrel selection at his store back in September. The group of us picked an OBSO 10 year. Finally came in today so I brought home six. Can't wait to open one up.

I grabbed a bottle today. Will crack it open during the weekend!

Picked up a bottle of Larceny today. Anybody know if there's a way to get the rebate if there wasn't a form attached to the bottle?

Took the tour at 4R today and picked up a SB OBSO at the gift shop. My kids are old enough to appreciate these little ventures now and this was a beautiful day to drive over. We really enjoyed the early tour and it and the facility are truly first class.

*It is also worth noting here that the gift shop currently has all ten recipes of the LE barrel strength single barrel bourbons available at this time and from what I was told this is somewhat of a rarity

After 4R, I wanted to take the "country" drive back home and see the new visitors center at Wild Turkey. I really wasn't planning on stopping in and drove through and by, then continued around the loop around the lot toward the exit. Thank God, my daughter spoke up saying "well, we may as well go in and check it out since we're here and all"....yes that is my child! :grin:

So, you can imagine my surprise as we walk into the gift shop, at 11:30 on a Thursday morning, to find maybe a total of 5 people in the place (including employees) and one Mr. Jimmy Russell sitting on a stool in the lobby. :shocked:

Well....you already know the rest of the story (and my signed RR Rye sure is pretty)!

Not today, but recently I have acquired some OESO, OBSO, OESV, OBSK (2013 LE), and OBSQ (2011 LE.) I can't wait to taste all of them in a flight (some I have had already.) Four Roses barrel proofers are a very rare sight around here. Thanks to all of the SBers that have helped me out! I'm already half way there in the quest for all 10 recipes...

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!