What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Nice! Will have to watch for those. Have a set from last year that I really like.

I found mine at Crown but I have seen them at a few smaller stores.

From what I've read, you are correct. The label on the bottle says, Bourbon Whiskey Finished With: Rare Spanish Brandy, but it's not a "finish" like what we see in other rebarrelled for finishing whiskies. Rather, the brandy is mixed in to some proportion.

Answering Bruce's question, I have had a couple of small pours today, and I have to say that I quite like it. Gorgeous nose. Slightly sweet over the tongue. Not as thick as I would have thought, though. Above average finish. At $36, it's worth a repurchase for me.

Yes, it is a "blend" of some proportion of bourbon and a small amount of brandy rather than a more typical whiskey that has been finished in a brandy barrel.

Joe, thanks for your notes! I find it hard to pick out the brandy influence except for the bit of sweetness you note although it is more obvious when compared with the regular Beam Signature Craft 12yo. But definitely a little on the thin side.

Nice! Will have to watch for those. Have a set from last year that I really like.

Last years gift set glasses are my favorite drinking glasses. This years are nice but more like cocktail glasses with the wider mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last years gift set glasses are my favorite drinking glasses. This years are nice but more like cocktail glasses with the wider mouth.

Yup. I love those FR rocks glasses from last year. I must have bought about 6 of those gift packs, as it was a terrific barrel also, the glasses are great, and the set was $29.99. Too good to pass up. This year's looks nice, but different glasses and now $35.99. I am well stocked, so a pass for me.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Got up very early and stood in line on a cold Saturday morning at LCBO for the right to buy one bottle of each of BTAC.

Bought Stagg, WLW, and Saz 18 (passed on THH & ER17).

With this purchase I'm out of the BTAC/Pappy chase. Prices are now too high to justify buying more.

Four Roses Gift Shop OBSO, OBSK, OESO and OESK. Looking forward to making my own 4R Small Batch.

Grabbed a Big Bottom Zinfandel Cask Finished. Never seen this before in the wild. Pretty excited to give this one a go.

Grabbed a Big Bottom Zinfandel Cask Finished. Never seen this before in the wild. Pretty excited to give this one a go.

I like the BB port finished, curious to hear your thoughts on the Zinfandel! I can't drink the stuff every night but sometimes it really hits the spot.

Picked up a BT Pvt Barrel from a store who has a fantastic one last year that was near 10yo & best BT I ever found. If this one is 1/2 as good, it will be $23 well spent.

Picked up FR125 and ER17. I was especially happy to pick up another bottle of the FR125 since the bottle I had took a big hit this past Thanksgiving with the family and all.

Picked up FR125 and ER17. I was especially happy to pick up another bottle of the FR125 since the bottle I had took a big hit this past Thanksgiving with the family and all.

FR125 is definitely something to be thankful for! :yum:

Broke down and bought a bottle of 2013 Old Forester Birthday Bourbon. I liked last years release, hope this one is even better.

Broke down and bought a bottle of 2013 Old Forester Birthday Bourbon. I liked last years release, hope this one is even better.

Excellent stuff--I think you'll be pleased.

Picked up an OGD BIB today. Plenty of 80 pf available, but this was the last BIB on the shelf.

Excellent stuff--I think you'll be pleased.

Picked up an OGD BIB today. Plenty of 80 pf available, but this was the last BIB on the shelf.

I don't know if it is coincidental, but the BIB seems to be getting a bit scarce around me these days.

Distribution is so uneven around the country. Some places are flush with certain labels while others are bare.

This past week I came across this Elijah Craig in a store that I have been in 100 times. Don't know how I have overlooked it these past several years. I guess because it was in the box. But what I was most impressed with was the barrel date.

post-9285-1448982006103_thumb.jpg

post-9285-1448982006046_thumb.jpg

post-9285-1448982006046_thumb.jpg

post-9285-1448982006103_thumb.jpg

This past week I came across this Elijah Craig in a store that I have been in 100 times. Don't know how I have overlooked it these past several years. I guess because it was in the box. But what I was most impressed with was the barrel date.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17033[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17034[/ATTACH]

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!