What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up two gift shop bottles at four roses and a Vintage 23 Rye at Willett today. Was a very good day.

Stopped into my local whiskey monger afterwork, with the knowledge that some goods were waiting for me.

My guy was luckily in, along with his boss, another great guy, and quickly a offer was made to crack a bottle open and try said goods.

So in short order we were sitting in the back office and having a taste of some Parker's Promise.

Fantastic way to end any week!! Talked shop a bit, and then made the way out with 3 Parkers and a EC21 in tow.

Pricey day, but fun as hell!

Worth repeating, make nice with your guy. It pays off.

Need to bring him on the next visit my open FR gift shop, they are thinking about doing a single barrel, good to have a comparison to shot for.

B

Just picked up Stagg Jr. for $39. It helps to have a great relationship with your local store...

I had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket, so is picked up a lonely bottle of OFBB 2012 that was sitting on the shelf. This shop doesn't get the BTAC, otherwise I would have waited for that.

Early morning voyage yielded Bowman Gingerbread ale finished bourbon

Very excited to hear your thoughts on this. Sounds like a winner so far, but the specifics of the reviews have varied.

So? Spill the beans, how did you do?

Who just finished racing The 24 Hours of Le Pappy on The Party Source circuit?

BT 90. I want to expand the choice of good and inexpensive bourbons on my shelf. Particularly after I spent $106 (inc tax) for a retail bottle of GTS 2013 this past Wednesday. $80 is my normal limit, but I will make an exception for GTS.

Very excited to hear your thoughts on this. Sounds like a winner so far, but the specifics of the reviews have varied.

Managed to nab 2 bottles of FRSmB2013! Nearly missed it, too -- this was the one week that I didn't check 3 times for "four roses" in the online inventory web site. Got to the first liquor store (which had 2 bottles listed) right as it opened, and just a bit ahead of another fellow who saw the same listing, only to find that the two there were already spoken for. Told the other fellow about another store that doesn't tend to keep its inventory online that I was going to check out next, got there ahead of him and found they had 3 bottles. I got myself 2, and left him the third. He pulled up a few minutes later, and we all went home happy. Gotta look out for each other in the control states!

Put in some serious miles today searching the hills. Came back with a damn good hall. Glad to get to some of this before the flippers did.

1 2013 George t stagg

1 2013 eagle rare 17

1 Parker's heritage 96prf

1 4R LE 125th small batch

1 Taylor barrel proof

1 Taylor single barrel

1 woodford mc four wood(been passing for a while, finally decided to try)

1 1.75 L 12 year weller- my first sight of the large offering in the wild

2 high west prairie reserve - was on sale for $34

1 2010 OF birthday who looked really lonely

Went hunting for the fall limited releases today. No luck. Not in the area, yet. At least I didn't go home empty handed: post-9966-14489819855508_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rkkingsley

Went hunting for the fall limited releases today. No luck. Not in the area, yet. At least I didn't go home empty handed: [ATTACH]16702[/ATTACH]

Posted in the wrong thread those are dustys my friend!

Posted in the wrong thread those are dustys my friend!

Technically, they're bourbons I purchased today. That counts, no?

In the dusty thread I pulled together all of my finds from the last couple months. So, they're represented in both places.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!