What beer are you drinking? Winter 13/14

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I too did not care for the Southern Charred. The other two mentioned however are fantastic and you would be hard pressed to find much better examples of their respective styles.

A bomber of Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale while catching up with the Rolex 24 on the DVR.

Hopslam and pizza for supper tonight. Add me to the list of people who love this beer

Hopslam and pizza for supper tonight. Add me to the list of people who love this beer

Great minds think alike, Gary. Wife and I ordered pizza in tonight and had a Hopslam to wash things down. Finished the night off with a Terrapin Wake n Bake.

Had a limited release Sam Adams Escape Route last night - Kolsch style. Refreshing and light - would like to see them release this in the summer.

I found three cases of Lagunitas Sucks two days ago. I wanted to see what the fuss was all about so I only purchased two sixers in case I didn't like it. I drank most of these beers already so I went back and got a case today. I have avoided DIPAs after I went overboard with Founders Double Trouble this past summer. Sucks seems easier to drink than DT.

Great minds think alike, Gary

There are a number of people here who might question you regarding me and that "great minds" comment :grin:

Anyway...... Raging Bitch this afternoon.

I found three cases of Lagunitas Sucks two days ago. I wanted to see what the fuss was all about so I only purchased two sixers in case I didn't like it. I drank most of these beers already so I went back and got a case today. I have avoided DIPAs after I went overboard with Founders Double Trouble this past summer. Sucks seems easier to drink than DT.

I'm a huge fan of Lagunitas Sucks. It's fantastic.

Raging Bitch was a disappointment to me after it had been talked up so much after it's initial release. Double Dog is still my favorite from Flying Dog. We don't get it here anymore though. :frown:

Picked up a case of Lagunitas Lucky 13 and I'm showing it some love. Alternating between the 13 and Founders Harvest Ale. Founders Porter on deck for this evening.

Had a Lazy Magnolia Southern Hops'pitality and working on a Deschutes Black Butte Porter. Pretty good on both, but I was really taken w the Hops'pitality.

Had a Lazy Magnolia Southern Hops'pitality and working on a Deschutes Black Butte Porter. Pretty good on both, but I was really taken w the Hops'pitality.

Is deschutes package available in Lexington already? We were told this Tuesday at earliest.

Comes out periodically just like 120. It might be as limited as 120 but not quite as sought after. We have it sitting on the shelf, 120 stays behind the counter.

Found a nice cache of Stone Enjoy By IPA. So split one with the wife and put the other three in the fridge.

When did the 120 become so sought after? Up until about a year ago I could easily find it on the shelf at several stores when they got it in stock. If I had known I wouldn't see it again I would have grabbed a few more.

In last couple of years. Most use it as trade bait to get sought after beers from states where dfh is not available.

Honestly 120 is one of the worst beers I have ever tried. It has a place as a novelty but that is it.

Bell's Cherry Stout which is just atrocious with a hint of stomach bile in the mix,now a Schlafly Extra Stout which is a very balanced and well put together brew.

In last couple of years. Most use it as trade bait to get sought after beers from states where dfh is not available.

Honestly 120 is one of the worst beers I have ever tried. It has a place as a novelty but that is it.

Oh, it's a novelty alright. I do like to have one or 2 a year split between 2 or 3 people at room temp. :bigeyes:

Hopslam and pizza, go figure.
Lagunitas Sucks with a Hairy Eyeball as a backer.

Looks like good choices all around.

Opened a Ten FIDY to have along with dinner. Not sure what I'll move to next. Thinking I need to give the Hopslam a break for at least a day or two.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!