What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter '13-'14

bigtoys
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked up a couple handles of paper label Weller SR yesterday. They are probably some of the last age stated bottles, but the bottom of the bottle says 84 so I am going to pretend they are SW. :lol:

The first one I cracked open was better than I remembered it being, so these should keep me pretty happy for the next couple months.

I didn't even know his name was Doug. I just think of him as the dude with the blond bikini avatar who likes KC, Bookers and Dickel. And I honestly don't care if he likes Four Roses or not.

Although as a general rule, I think we should all be open to new experiences. Which is why I'm going to find that store with the Dickel 9/103 and buy a bottle, $44 price be damned. There, that's my attempt to kind of get the thread back on track. Parenthetically, I'll note I'd love to get my hands on some 4R besides the basic YL, SmB and 1B (not that I don't like those). Geez, do I have to travel to Kentucky to find any?

Bought an old bottle of Very Old Barton. I put some pics in the dusty section, but as best I can tell, it's from around 2008. Thought it would be fun to try for a 20 considering all the Barton outrage of late.

Bought a bottle of bmh orange label yesterday, probably open it tomorrow night, anyone had any experience with it before? Also I'm not a big fan of blended whisky,but on my hunt I came across what the owner said was old stock of William Penn, they found hidden upstairs,@ $7.50 a bottle ,it didn't look to be that old at all.. maybe early 2009 or so, anyone ever try that stuff - I passed on it.

I picked up a couple handles of paper label Weller SR yesterday. They are probably some of the last age stated bottles, but the bottom of the bottle says 84 so I am going to pretend they are SW. :lol:

The first one I cracked open was better than I remembered it being, so these should keep me pretty happy for the next couple months.

Doug, we should meet up at the 4R gift shop and try all ten some day! Maybe you could bring your avatar along?

Picked up a couple of more VOB BIB 6yr, and an Old Ezra 7yr 101.

highinthemtns........post 321. please dont 'quote' me, reword it to your liking, and submit it. nowhere in the 'original post by 393foureyedfox' did I say 'same tired shit as always'.

anywho....lets gets back on topic.

highinthemtns........post 321. please dont 'quote' me, reword it to your liking, and submit it. nowhere in the 'original post by 393foureyedfox' did I say 'same tired shit as always'.

anywho....lets gets back on topic.

You have got to be kidding me.

For the fourth post in a row, I'm going to extend an offer to hook you up with some samples. Honestly, I'd really like to. I have a lot of things in mind that I think you'd like. If you're still afraid of shipping, I'll bring them to you in April. So many people have made generous offers to you, quit responding to them with belligerence.

If you want to respond again with the same tired old shit as always, fine. I won't humor you anymore.

That about wraps that up, folks. Everyone involved has PM capabilities and that's where the conversation needs to go.

2 sazerac ryes (regular one, impossible to find in my neck of the woods), 1 wt 101 rye, 1 fighting cock, 1 larceny

Hidden
highinthemtns........post 321. please dont 'quote' me, reword it to your liking, and submit it.

So you're saying you don't like to be misquoted? Well if that just don't take the cake. That is precisely what you did to me. :bigeyes: I guess it's okay when you do it huh? Things just like this are the crux of most of your problems here Doug.

I have mentioned this instance before. A wise man once told me, and I quote, "A person creates his own problems." He was right.

And back to what we have bought-

hhss1.jpg

hhss2.jpg

I keep reading about this on here lately. how is it? and if you dont mind, what does one of these cost?

I keep reading about this on here lately. how is it? and if you dont mind, what does one of these cost?

I think it is going to vary between HHSS bottlings. It's a fill-in-the-blanks label a la Willett. this is the first HHSS release but there will be more. Retail on these was about $80.

Sweeeeeet. Tomorrow for me YAY!

Hopefully Monday for me. Can't wait.

I think it is going to vary between HHSS bottlings. It's a fill-in-the-blanks label a la Willett. this is the first HHSS release but there will be more. Retail on these was about $80.

Hopefully Monday for me. Can't wait.

If it's Monday, you better take the big car. Sounds like you may have multiple deliveries. :D

thanks. Thats about what I expected....then I thought "hey, its HH and they like to price things well", then I noticed the parker charity label.....$80 is too rich for me, but I bet its great!

so, to be clear......it is aged for 8 years as a wheater and then aged an additional 19 months in other casks, so it is 9 years and 7 months old?

so, to be clear......it is aged for 8 years as a wheater and then aged an additional 19 months in other casks, so it is 9 years and 7 months old?

That is correct.

How does one get in the HHSS? I would like the pleasure of imbibing such a beverage.

Stick around for a little while.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!