What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter '13-'14

bigtoys
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

PHC 2012 "Blend of Mashbills." Being a fan of good bourbon in the DC area of Maryland sucks due to bourbon's current popularity, so I was thrilled to find a few bottles of this on the shelves. I only bought the one, so if any Marylanders are interested in grabbing a bottle, let me know.

Picked up some FR Barrel Selects from a Chicago area retailer. Opened the OESK last night and it was very nice.

Picked up a 4 Roses Small Batch. Going to bring it to a tasting to try and enlighten others on the goodness of 4 Roses.

PHC 2012 "Blend of Mashbills." Being a fan of good bourbon in the DC area of Maryland sucks due to bourbon's current popularity, so I was thrilled to find a few bottles of this on the shelves. I only bought the one, so if any Marylanders are interested in grabbing a bottle, let me know.

Tremendous whiskey, but an even better offer. Good work.

Today? Are you kidding, we can't even buy a beer On Sunday.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Uh...Thiggy...they changed the law last year. You can buy booze on Sunday in Georgia after 12:30pm...:D.

Sorry to say but not in Dublin, Ga. Each city gets to vote that in or out, and our narrow minded community voted it down.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Sorry to say but not in Dublin, Ga. Each city gets to vote that in or out, and our narrow minded community voted it down.

Ummmmm.......ROADTRIP!

Bought a handle of Larceny yesterday. $9.99 + tax after the rebate. :grin:

Bought a handle of Larceny yesterday. $9.99 + tax after the rebate. :grin:

damn, that's cheap. after the rebate, a handle would be $21 here. Im thinking of grabbing one, but Im also trying to whittle the stock down to the 4-5 that I like the most.

Dayum! That sux. It just seems wrong though, that a town with a great name like Dublin would do such a thing!!

EC12. It came in a box, which I had never seen before. Did I get an older release? The box was dusty.

Anyone ever see it in a box?

The bottle and label are identical to what is on the shelf these days.

If the label really is identical to today's, then it's not more than about 2 years old - there was a subtle label change.

If the label really is identical to today's, then it's not more than about 2 years old - there was a subtle label change.

Stopped by a place yesterday, just because it was on my way to where I was running an errand. Wasn't really looking for anything, they had a nice selection but I've bought so much in the past couple of months there was nothing compelling and I was going to pass. Then I saw the Henry McKenna BIB - new label - and looking closer I saw it was barreled on my oldest daughter's birthday. So I had to pick it up. Even my lovely wife understood. One of my very first higher end bourbon purchases was EC18, solely because the label said it was barreled on my daughter's first birthday. At the time I didn't know anything about it, but I loved it and that bottle helped put me on the road to where I am today in my geekdom.

Plus now I have the excuse to scour shelves to find something barreled or bottled on my youngest's birthday.

Plus now I have the excuse to scour shelves to find something barreled or bottled on my youngest's birthday.

Shoot me the info and I'll keep an eye out for you as well.

Stopped by a place yesterday, just because it was on my way to where I was running an errand. Wasn't really looking for anything, they had a nice selection but I've bought so much in the past couple of months there was nothing compelling and I was going to pass. Then I saw the Henry McKenna BIB - new label - and looking closer I saw it was barreled on my oldest daughter's birthday. So I had to pick it up. Even my lovely wife understood. One of my very first higher end bourbon purchases was EC18, solely because the label said it was barreled on my daughter's first birthday. At the time I didn't know anything about it, but I loved it and that bottle helped put me on the road to where I am today in my geekdom.

That's awesome! I have a few EWSB 2002s that were bottled on my daughter's exact day of birth and they're by far my favorite bottles in my 'collection'. And for that reason I, too, check out any and all hand dated bottles for a 'special' date.

I pulled that trick with the wife so I could bunker some Birthday Bourbon 2013, the year our little dude came to town.

Okay I guess it one of the newer ones (like the one on the left). Thanks for your help.

Thanks to Jon (highhorse), and a friend who agreed to be my bourbon mule. I got 1.75 BT, and 750 of ETL and EC12 from Tallahassee's own Market Square Liquors store picks. Cant wait till they get back to Jax. I hear their selection team does a stand out job.

Okay I guess it one of the newer ones (like the one on the left). Thanks for your help.

I did the same thing with a dusty box of old grand dad 114 today. Thought I found something old but was disappointed when I opened the box and it was the current offering. Still ended up buying it to backup my current open bottle but thought I had found something older.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!