What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter '13-'14

bigtoys
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Went to buy a handle to take to the cigar shop and was pleasantly surprised to find an OFBB on the shelve.

$50, a little more then I've paid before, but still picked it up.

Got a couple A. Bowman Last Millenniums in today. Split order with a buddy, only one is mine. I liked the Gingerbread so I'm eager to try this one, too.

Millennium-sm_zps5b383a93.png

6 OVW 10 year olds,

IMG_2030_zps25105af8.jpg

and a confusingly labeled Jefferson's Single Barrel Straight Bourbon Whisky Very Small Batch bottled especially for New Hampshire. I guess Single Barrel would be a very small batch. 82.3 proof $25.99

IMG_2031_zps235586d6.jpg

A Henry Mc BIB, a 4RSB, a 4RSmb (she finally lowered her prices to msrp) and wa-la while I was checking showed me a ECBP. First one I've seen except on here. At $44.99 it came home too.

[ATTACH]17504[/ATTACH]

didn't even know it existed up until recently. anybody had it before?

I've been drinking bourbon pretty seriously for about 20 years now and the WT12 is my favorite pour by far and I don't have a close second. I hope you enjoy it to the fullest! Please report back with your impressions.

I really did Bingstein today:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17502[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17503[/ATTACH]

Enjoy! Let me know how it is

Pulled the last 3 bottles of HH 8/86 off the shelf for the bunker... hoping my local can get a case or two in before the distributor runs out

Also found a Jeff 10 year Rye Batch #4 that came home with me

Between yesterday and today I have added an EC12, WTRB, and another 125 4RSmBLE from a friend. The latest one was even signed by the man himself which was an extra score!

I bought an Abraham Bowman Port Finish earlier this week, and liked it so much that I grabbed another. A bit pricey, but I am loving these limited edition Bowmans lately.

Picked up a bottle of Cooper's Mark Small Batch Bourbon today.

I don't have high expectations, but it was on sale for $18 and the store just got it in--it's never been available around here before that I know of, so I figured it was worth a shot...I like to try new stuff and I've neither seen nor heard of Cooper's Mark before. Besides, I've spent a lot more than $18 on unknown boron before.

If it was in the $25 range, I would have walked away and not looked back, but for less than $20, if it sucks, I'll pour some Ginger beer over it with a lime and make a Mule.

Bought a Four Roses SB mini today because I wanted to taste it alongside two open bottles of store-selected SB.

This mini is the lightest in color of the three, and definitely the sweetest. If I knew how to get more I probably would. Shockingly expensive in this format though, $7! I will also agree with prior posters that the FRSB store-selections have to be some of the best values in bourbon. So good, so different, always what I'm looking for.

Enjoy! Let me know how it is

Compared to the OESO I already have open this bottle is slightly less fruity and not as sweet with more wood showing and a nice long finish. It's very nice.

Nice!! I'm convinced those FR private selections are some of the best overall values in bourbon.

I haven't been disappointed yet.

Found some VOB 6yr, OWA, baby Saz and 4R sB.

Not to harp on it, but the BT products are cleaned out of stores across town.

Not to harp on it, but the BT products are cleaned out of stores across town.

Elmer T Lee has slowly disappeared from most of our stores...worried the rest will follow soon

Yep, ETL is sold out in all major stores in CA as far as I can tell...

Elmer T Lee has slowly disappeared from most of our stores...worried the rest will follow soon

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!