What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter '13-'14

bigtoys
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not so subtle change after all, I guess:

ECBP.jpg

the left bottle is the new one I suppose. the ones I've spotted so far carried a neck label too (in switzerland). looking forward to sbs. anyone done this?

Interesting how much narrower the cork appears to be in the newer bottlings ... did the tops tear off the older bottlings?

2012 Thomas H Handy for $80. Passed up BMH, Dickel private botting, Eagle rare private bottling. They had 5 more bottles of THH as well.

Just an impulse buy because I had never seen a 375 of ER10. Maybe I had just never noticed before. Either way I brought one home with me. :-)

Just an impulse buy because I had never seen a 375 of ER10. Maybe I had just never noticed before. Either way I brought one home with me. :-)

That 375 is as cute a little bugger as the 1.75 size is absurd! :lol:

On my drive up to Music City this afternoon, stopped and picked up a trio of VOB BIB 6 yr. Since the cat got out of the bag, I've yet to see an AS In the Family Size. All have been just "6". Only have been able to grab juniors with the 6 yr AS.

A bottle of private selection 1792 to add to its twin in the bunker. Was on the lookout for ER10 but only saw 1.75's finally found some 375's and bought 4 also to bunker. Last a bottle of WT tradition. This was laid down in 1995 the same year my second son was born. He will be 21 in about two years, looking forward to sharing with him....

Larceny had the new rebate hang tag. So why not?

Ted

Edited by r60slash5
punctuation

more sweet nectar! Trying to grab as many as I can before theyre gone...this makes 5 bunkered.

post-10005-14489820343988_thumb.jpg

more sweet nectar! Trying to grab as many as I can before theyre gone...this makes 5 bunkered.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17528[/ATTACH]

Are these private bottlings of dickel? How are they?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17528[/ATTACH]

Mind if I ask what you paid for those, fox? Just curious, as I've seen store selections pop up at a store around here. Never had it before, but I know you're a fan.

Picked up another OFS100 today. Fine old mid-shelfer, especially these I've been buying with an 09 bottle date.

Client gave me a late Christmas gift, bottle of a local stores single barrel Breckenridge selection. Not something I would typically reach for, so I'm interested to try it.

I grabbed a bottle of Henry McKenna SB as well today.

When in Tennessee, do as the Tennesseans do. So, picked up one of those Dickel Corn Whiskies, and a Cumberland Cask Tennessee Straight Whiskey "Barrel Cut" 120 proofs. I enjoyed the 80 proof version at the hotel bar last night, and this 120 is even better. Like the 80 proof, the 120 is tasting like Dickel whiskey. Which is OK, because it's very good.

Are these private bottlings of dickel? How are they?

kind of, from what is known about them. From what I've read, Dickel selected 40 exceptional barrels and sold them at 9 years old and 103 proof, but the retailer had to buy a whole barrel to get it. Ive only seen them at one chain in Louisville, and only one of them has any left, and barely at that.

Mind if I ask what you paid for those, fox? Just curious, as I've seen store selections pop up at a store around here. Never had it before, but I know you're a fan.

These are the 9 year 103 proofers. they are $46 here. Ive seen them at some places in other states for anywhere from $40-50. There's definately some resemblance to Dickel 12....if you like D12, you'd LOVE this stuff, it's kinda like a concentrated D12 but even better. I hope they make it more widely available, but I'm not counting on it. Seems to get good reviews from others from what I've read. I'd take it over anything Ive ever had before

When in Tennessee, do as the Tennesseans do. So, picked up one of those Dickel Corn Whiskies, and a Cumberland Cask Tennessee Straight Whiskey "Barrel Cut" 120 proofs. I enjoyed the 80 proof version at the hotel bar last night, and this 120 is even better. Like the 80 proof, the 120 is tasting like Dickel whiskey. Which is OK, because it's very good.

Never seen this one yet.....a 120 proof that tastes like Dickel? If I ever see one Ill have to grab it.

Never seen this one yet.....a 120 proof that tastes like Dickel? If I ever see one Ill have to grab it.

The distributor in Nashville, TN owns the brand (was told it was a pet project of the owners son?)....so not sure it'll get sold much beyond that area. The plus side is it's EVERYWHERE around there because the distributor seems to have convinced each and every account to buy a few cases of both proofs.

The distributor in Nashville, TN owns the brand (was told it was a pet project of the owners son?)....so not sure it'll get sold much beyond that area. The plus side is it's EVERYWHERE around there because the distributor seems to have convinced each and every account to buy a few cases of both proofs.

Ive read it is sourced whiskey blends of 6-8 years, 70% corn, 25% rye. That combo at 120 proof would sure interest me, especially if its most likely sourced at Dickel as others have suggested

I think it is a son thing. The nice lady who owned the store that I bought the bottle at, said her momma was the nanny for the "son" who is involved, and that's why she brought it in...:D Based on taste of both the 80 proof last night and the 120 tonight, I am sure this is Dickel whiskey, and it is very good. Their website is pretty good about laying out many details of the whiskey (such as 4i posted above with regards to mashbill, mingling and age) but pretty sketchy on the "distillery" part. I'll give them a B- overall on all that. Enough info that anyone who gives a hoot can probably figure it out.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!