What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter '13-'14

bigtoys
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yep, ETL is sold out in all major stores in CA as far as I can tell...

My contact told me a month ago it was going on allocation but I said that's odd. I passed on them and he sold it pretty quickly.

I guess I'll grab a bottle to try next time.

I scooped up a 1.75 of Barrel Pick Buffalo Trace from one of my local merchants. Tastes great and smells even better. He wanted to sell it for Christmas; but it only arrived a few days ago. Tough break for him and his business; but worth the wait, IMHO.

It was time to start reloading my 750ml of Larceny, so picked up a Family Size of it, today. As I sit here thinking about it, I'm not sure that I have purchased more of any other brand of bourbon in the last 12 months. :yum:

It was time to start reloading my 750ml of Larceny, so picked up a Family Size of it, today. As I sit here thinking about it, I'm not sure that I have purchased more of any other brand of bourbon in the last 12 months. :yum:

Got some JPS 25 bourbon, 25 rye and Chef Collab from my contact.

Found two ECBP batch 2 which is odd but gladly add to my daily pour.

Added another 4RSBLe13 from a fellow SB member at cost. Thanks.

Didn't purchase 4/5 of these but just picked them up. They look so nice in my house, but unfortunately they aren't for me. mary5y4e.jpg

I happened to find a really old Old Taylor Quart size full of dust. no upc label & states Distilled by the old taylor distillery company DSP KY 19 bottled at DSP KY 14. Tax stamp reads 00785120. any thoughts on this gem?? thanks!

Managed to grab a Weller 12, 2 OWA and picked up a Dry Fly port finished Wheat Whiskey (357ml) on a lark. Pretty excited about the Wellers, I haven't seen either of those in well over a month.

-- Ravensfire

I happened to find a really old Old Taylor Quart size full of dust. no upc label & states Distilled by the old taylor distillery company DSP KY 19 bottled at DSP KY 14. Tax stamp reads 00785120. any thoughts on this gem?? thanks!

That's really good juice! Is it bonded/100 proof? If so there should be distilled and bottled dates on the tax strip.

I picked up a bottle of Jefferson's. I like it and a buddy of mine really does so I have some on hand when he is here.

Yes luther r, its 100 proof. no dates on the taxstrip. only numbers were 00785120. a picture of Carlisle on the top of the bottle. no upc or barcodes. thats about it. bottom of the bottle is embossed with 71 & 60. so thats all i have to go by. guess this is all part of the hunt. lol still, a nice bottle no matter.

That's really good juice! Is it bonded/100 proof? If so there should be distilled and bottled dates on the tax strip.

Yes luther r, its 100 proof. no dates on the taxstrip. only numbers were 00785120. a picture of Carlisle on the top of the bottle. no upc or barcodes. thats about it. bottom of the bottle is embossed with 71 & 60. so thats all i have to go by. guess this is all part of the hunt. lol still, a nice bottle no matter.

Sweet mother of god, man. A bonded OT from that era? Enjoy every single drop of that. I've always wanted to try one of those

Took my weekly trip to my local shop during my daughter's class nearby. I always chat up the owner, employees and other customers and often buy something. This time he came out from the back with an ORVW 10/107 and a THH both at msrp and said I can choose one. He's at the bottom of the allocation list and never gets much if he gets anything and always gets it last. It was a nice gesture and goes a long way toward customer loyalty. I chose the ORVW.

Stock up on more ETL yesterday. That ETL thread about shortages had me panicking. Fortunately, there is still plenty in stock.

This weller 12 shortage must be regional. Stores I've been to recently in Texas seem to have ample supplies of it. Perhaps some of you guys should make a trip down to the Dallas area.

ETL has been tough to find here though like everyone else has been noticing.

Brought home 2 more ECBP 137 yesterday. I tried really hard to resist buying them and even left them on the shelf a day before. For $40, I decided to go ahead and bunker them up for future drinking when everything at this proof has been going up in price!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!