Empty Bottle Support Group 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last two pours of VOB 6YO from my last handle. Has been one of my Big Three (with AAA and OWA) for a long time. Not the greatest bourbon in the world but a simply marvelous daily pour. Now that two of the Big Three are gone, will be actively seeking replacements. I'm surely (but don't call me Shirley) the only SBer who mourns the loss of VOB as we knew it. RIP.

I'm surely the only SBer who mourns the loss of VOB as we knew it. RIP.

not at all. see the huge thread on it.

Sorry. My fingers got ahead of my brain (or vice versa) and the "not" got left out of that sentence.

hope you're not a lawyer............:bigeyes:

"your honor, my client is guilty!"

To steer this thread back on topic...

I wrung the last couple pours out of an OGD BiB last evening. I'm glad that it can be replaced.

I killed a 2013 FR 125th. It hurt a little but every pour was thoroughly enjoyed by myself and others.

Finishing off my first bottle since I started reading the site again a month or two ago.... Buffalo Trace. I really enjoyed it.

In the last few weeks I've been trying to kill off a few bottles. So far I've killed Rittenhouse, BMH, FRSB, and a 1792. I've got a few more to go.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This week so far: Dickel rye, Maker's 46, Old Heaven Hill 8/86, Mellow Corn. I have a few more in my sights.

EWSB 2003 bit the dust, along with it's conspirator ... AAA10 yr old. Backups standing by...

Needed to clear some cabinet space so I finished the last 3-4 oz in bottles of OWA, EWSB 2002 and EC12 while making cocktails at a friend's house. I really like the EWSB 2002, contemplating picking up another while they are still on the shelf.

OWA was laid to rest tonight. I'll need to pick up another before they decide to turn it into OWA Original 107 Brand and just put a 107 on the neck label.

OWA was laid to rest tonight. I'll need to pick up another before they decide to turn it into OWA Original 107 Brand and just put a 107 on the neck label.

It was Original 107 Brand once before. It was better then.

I finished a 200 ml TW Samuels BIB, a 1987 SW Cabin Still, and a 1968 Old Crow. The only bottles I have open now are a HH 6yr BIB, a EW BIB and a JDSS.

But……………….. I do have some on deck. I pulled a few from my cabinet to restock the "open bottle" section on my shelf. These should hold me for a while.

post-3455-14489820408717_thumb.jpg

Cheers! Joe

ETL15 Yr bit the dust last night. Awesome stuff--sad to see it go.

Sent from my KF using Tapatalk 2

I finished a 200 ml TW Samuels BIB, a 1987 SW Cabin Still, and a 1968 Old Crow. The only bottles I have open now are a HH 6yr BIB, a EW BIB and a JDSS.

But……………….. I do have some on deck. I pulled a few from my cabinet to restock the "open bottle" section on my shelf. These should hold me for a while.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17625[/ATTACH]

Cheers! Joe

Edited by Old Dusty

How can I miss you if you won't go away?

Two thoughts on the 2013 demise of AAA 10YO and VOB 6YO--the extremely empty bottles: 1) There are now two more prime targets for dusty hunters; 2) Years from now, some of us will wax nostalgic in posts about the Golden Age of bourbon when even the bottom shelf was magnificent.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!