Empty Bottle Support Group 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The #2 was the only one Ive ever seen or bought, and I did NOT like it, and gave it away.

seeing that most people say #2 was the relatively inferior batch so far, I'd give another batch a shot. If I dont like it next time, Ill just use it to give some HH6BIB a kick up to about 110 proof. but, Im not going to actively chase it down like last time...

If you didn't like batch 2, I doubt you'll like the other batches either. There's been slight differences between batch 1 and 2 that I can taste but it's not so different that you would go from disliking one batch to liking the other batch. Just my 2 cents.

HHSS...........trying to make this bottle last a while didn't work out so well

This weekend I knocked out my first bottle of HHSS, PHC5 and a Willett 10yr #828.

How was the Willett?

I wouldn't call it Whiskey of the Year or anything, but it was tasty.

Hard to generalize anything with that line. I am , however trying to put together a list of "good" barrel #s in the event I run across them. The 800 series seems to have a good reputation along with the 1500's. Again though it's barrel to barrel. And I tend to buy any of the WFE bottles I find 10yrs and older.

Yesterday it was my FRSB and now tonight my last pour of THH 2012. Was my first BTAC. 3emubyjy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OFBB '13 went bye-bye tonight. She was a good one, and fortunately, I have a couple more in the bunker.

yes and yes:grin:

Not bourbon but it's close cousin. Just emptied a bottle of High West Double Rye. I have been doing a little inventory control and while I have several great bottles of bourbon (not great compared to some folks' bottles but great for me), I opted for rye for a second night in a row to empty another bottle. I have really enjoyed this bottle and the price was right ($32.99).

I would put it on the same level as Jeff 10 and a level above Baby Saz and Ritt BIB. That said, I would probably only buy another bottle when it is on sale.

Finished off my last bottle of Vintage 17 (wheated) - sad to see it go. Took me almost three years to finally polish it off.

Continuing to do a little inventory control. Just finished the last of a bottle of Westport ER10 single barrel #162. One of the best ER10s I have had. I really enjoyed this bottle. Thanks to Gord (theglobalguy) for the heads up! I would recommend this to anyone in the Louisville area. I know they still had some a few weeks back.

Just finished off my '13 OFBB. This was my first ever premium and limited release bottle. Sorry I didn't know better to pick up extras since it's long gone in these parts.

Sad face.....

I said goodbye to one of the last bottles Elmer T Lee himself selected the juice for.

Wish that new release would hit...

Not a bourbon and not one of my fav's for neat, but good as a mixer...(rarely have mixers) Gentleman Jack 1.75 hit the road today, he's been my longest open bottle,'bout time he said goodbye!

post-9650-14489820557386_thumb.jpg

Binned these two. The OWA went into my blend decanter and the Willett went into my glass.

post-9650-14489820558639_thumb.jpgWell I seem to be on a roll here killing off bottles. This one will be missed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17906[/ATTACH]Well I seem to be on a roll here killing off bottles. This one will be missed.

Ohhhh......that is a sad sight. I have yet to open my bottle of this as I don't want to face this day.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17906[/ATTACH]Well I seem to be on a roll here killing off bottles. This one will be missed.

Damn Eric. That didn't take long. It sure is hard to stay out of that one. So tasty.

Ohhhh......that is a sad sight. I have yet to open my bottle of this as I don't want to face this day.

Ahhh...the bourbon aficionado's dilemma. But here is the heart of the matter: your unopened bottle tastes the same as my empty one. Don't get caught saving it for a special occasion that never comes.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!