What bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Reports from the field say some retailers are charging up to $150. Insanity.

Yeesh.

I will buy it at retail and no more. I'm mostly just mad that my favorite "under the radar" bourbon has become the center of attention this past year...

Passed on Blowhard and Barterhouse while on vacation in Arizona, Phoenix area. PM me if you want the location.

Passed on Blowhard and Barterhouse today as well, though I was tempted by Barterhouse. Also passed on several dusty, tax-stripped liqueurs, including this little blast from the past from '88:

post-7099-14489820744639_thumb.jpg

North of Indy for soccer games today. Had a break so I hit a few local stores not so much to buy but to explore. They had decent selections but prices were...wow! Forgiven for $69.99. Jeff Rye for $39.99. Everything was easily $5 to $10 higher than elsewhere. Little wonder they had a lot of product on the shelf.

Reports from the field say some retailers are charging up to $150. Insanity.

That is Insane!

DCBT, have you seen any in our neck of the woods?

Passed on Barterhouse at $70 and Old Blowhard at $130. Just not as interested in these offerings despite the fair prices.

That is Insane!

DCBT, have you seen any in our neck of the woods?

Not even a hint. Asked around again the past week or two and no store knows anything...

Just left 3 ECBP on the shelf at $51.99 each, due to the fact that i mistakenly bought 3 for myself when i figured $60 was the lowest it was going to go for around here. On that same note i picked up W12X2 at $23.99 today and left a ton there because i again bought 2 others last week at $30 thinking that was going to be the lowest.

I gave my self basically a $40 lesson in patience.

On the flipside, you may never have seen them again, and then there'd be a lesson in early-bird-gets-the-worm. I wouldn't sweat $8-10 a bottle even, comes out to less than $1 per pour.

Hurried across town because I thought a shop got in a case of the ETL commemorative bottle but it was ETL instead so I (probably stupidly) passed on it. I have a couple fingers left in a bottle that's lost some luster, so I figured a SBS wasn't fair at this point.

Also passed on the newest ECBP, which again, I will probably come to regret.

Oh but don't worry, I'll definitely be back for a single bottle of the ETL, at least. (jinx)

Ehhh, but if someone in the area would like to know where to grab those ECBP just drop me a message. Not one of my usual joints, and i was surprised to see them there at all, since they never had anything but the usual suspects before.

Anyone else in NY see any ECBP around?

alas, that was me who posted that last week. Store sold them all (I tipped off another bored member that day about it) or someone else got to them...they only had 2 left after i went back and grabbed one. But if i see anymore in my travels about the city i'll let you know. Good bet would be to search online. Prices out of state tend to be cheaper then in the city so even with shipping you end up paying kinda close to what you pay here.

Went by K&L at lunch to see if they have anything interesting. Passed up on 2 store select buffalo traces, store select EC12 and store select old barton package as 1792. I've been trying to limit my number of bunkered bottles.

Oceans of Jefferson's. we are literally awash with all of their offerings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I passed on Stagg Jr. @$75 a bottle as well as regular ETL at almost $50 at the same store. Did pickup the ETL COM @$60 as I have not been able to find any in town anywhere. Hoping my regular spots will still come thru for me at lower prices, but it has been out for two weeks now and was afraid I would miss out completely. Can't wait to taste it and see if I notice a difference with the increased proof.

Passed on everything. I need to start drinking down some of the open bottles I have.

Stopped at a place in OKC today, the guy saw me looking at the bourbons and said "I've got this behind the counter." I turned around and it was a Barterhouse...I asked him what he was asking and he said $83. I passed.

Passed on Barterhouse ($80) and Old Blowhard ($160). It killed me, but I had also had to pass on a Redbreast 21. $280!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also passed on Barterhouse at around $80ish, and on several commemorative ETLs for $60. :/

Passed on JD sinatra. Oh, and also macallan 40 yo scotch for 4,000. Good thing I hate scotch or I would have gotten it.

For four large I could fly to Scotland, spend a few weeks fishing, then hit the vintage spirits spots in the UK for some Bourbon dustys on the way home.

For four large I could fly to Scotland, spend a few weeks fishing, then hit the vintage spirits spots in the UK for some Bourbon dustys on the way home.

Now that is one hell of an idea.

Passed on a WTKS from 2007. It had some weird residue floating in the bottle.

Passed on OF1849 as well. Haven't tried it yet, thinking I should go back for a bottle. Any opinions on the OF1849?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!