What bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Eric, these were at Liquor Barn in Lexington. I think the 12yr was $120-130

I've had some WFE's that were very tasty..but the price of the 12yr makes a FR 11yr private selection an absolute steal at $50

Yeah, think this one is on Willett. That pricing is bananas. Bet it's gone by the weekend though if not already!

ETA: and it's been over a year ago or more since they first picked these barrels.

I will be speaking with willett next week to determine pricing on our barrels. It sounds crazy high. I remember seeing a 21 year willett at LB in 2012 for $150.

LOL yeah. I bought that one. My how things have changed in two short years.

I bought two 10 yrs for $65 ea. at the beginning of '14 and the store owner told me they just sold a 20 yr for $150 the day before. So yea....market prices. The 20 had been on the shelf for several months.

Passed up a Smooth Ambler Old Scout 10 ($39), and a Bowman Brothers ($29) and John J. Bowman($49)....

The prices seemed good but I don't know enough about them to pull the trigger (I was already getting some ER and ETL!)

Any word on the 3 I passed up? I might go back next week.

All three are good prices. I would probably jump on the SAOS 10 at $39. I have never had Bowman Small Batch. I paid a little over $50 for a bottle of JJB. There are other SB offerings I prefer at a much lower price.

Walked by a couple of pallets worth of CEHT Rye at ~$60 at Costco. Too rich for me....

Thought of my buddy Fishnbowljoe (aka The Weller whore) when I passed these up: WSR @ $29.99, OWA @ $39.99 and W12 for $49.99. No surprise that with those prices their shelves were fully stocked at 9pm on a Saturday night

Passed up a Smooth Ambler Old Scout 10 ($39), and a Bowman Brothers ($29) and John J. Bowman($49)....

The prices seemed good but I don't know enough about them to pull the trigger (I was already getting some ER and ETL!)

Definitely go back for the SAOS. it's at least 20-30 more at shops around me.

Definitely go back for the SAOS. it's at least 20-30 more at shops around me.

I sell it for $9 more at the distillery! That's a deal.

Haven't tried the Bowmans but SAOS is fantastic and that is a great price.

Woodford Single Malts on sale 2 for $100. Store seems to have bought a boatload when it was first released. Also Stagg Jr. @ $58.

When I had it, Bowman Bros seems real close to Elmer T. Curious what others think of that one. Seems like a good deal.

Passed on a WT Tradition 14yr for $140 (seems like just last year I saw that on the shelves for closer to $100 and left it there). Passed on some other various things, including some AE Rye at $80 (which isn't a bad price, but just didn't want to mess with bringing it back).

Walked by a couple of pallets worth of CEHT Rye at ~$60 at Costco. Too rich for me....

passed on, yet was gleefully happy to see it sitting on the shelves, a load of Dickel 9 year.

Id bought all the stock in Louisville last year of the 2013 labeled batch, fearing it'd not be released again. So, Im happy to know that its still being released. I didnt see a price anywhere on it, but I did notice that the Dickel Barrel Select sitting next to it was $45, a good $10 more than it was last time I saw it, so I was afraid to ask about the 9 year pricing, as it was $46 last year, and is now likely $55+

Didnt see a single bottle of ANY weller label. I wonder if this store told BT what to do with their mandated vodka/bourbon orders

I picked up my first ever Dickel 9-year Barrel Select, it was $55 for me in NJ.

guess it's good that I cleared Louisville of it then, since I draw the line at $50/750!

passed on, yet was gleefully happy to see it sitting on the shelves, a load of Dickel 9 year.

Id bought all the stock in Louisville last year of the 2013 labeled batch, fearing it'd not be released again. So, Im happy to know that its still being released. I didnt see a price anywhere on it, but I did notice that the Dickel Barrel Select sitting next to it was $45, a good $10 more than it was last time I saw it, so I was afraid to ask about the 9 year pricing, as it was $46 last year, and is now likely $55+

Didnt see a single bottle of ANY weller label. I wonder if this store told BT what to do with their mandated vodka/bourbon orders

If it's from diagio and successful, you can count on a significant annual price increase. This year, bulleit, Crown, JW and Bulleit all had big increases.

i vote with my wallet!

I also passed on the Dickel 9 and everything else, including Willett FE 20, OFSB, SAOS, and regular Bookers. Just too much in the bunker at present.

Did not see a single RHF, Blanton's or ETL.

I also passed on the Dickel 9

you didnt notice the price, did you? if under $50, ill try one of the new batches and maybe stockpile it too. at least with last year's batch, when Im in the mood for it, there is nothing better. It is a peculiar profile though, that Im only in the mood for from time to time, and lasts quite a while. I know Ive read a good deal of mixed reviews on here about it, which had made me wonder if the sales volume would discourage Diageo from making a 2014 batch available......guess not!

I dont really care about the age statement, I just think the 103 proof is spot on. Dickel 12 is okay, but always felt a bit 'light'.

you didnt notice the price, did you? if under $50, ill try one of the new batches and maybe stockpile it too. at least with last year's batch, when Im in the mood for it, there is nothing better. It is a peculiar profile though, that Im only in the mood for from time to time, and lasts quite a while. I know Ive read a good deal of mixed reviews on here about it, which had made me wonder if the sales volume would discourage Diageo from making a 2014 batch available......guess not!

I dont really care about the age statement, I just think the 103 proof is spot on. Dickel 12 is okay, but always felt a bit 'light'.

I think it was $49 Doug. Didn't see any 12 yo but did see quite a bit of the Cascade Hollow stuff on the shelf as well. P

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!