What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 14

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Having a second pour of the OESQ. Dang....this is really good. Sometimes I think I should just buy up all the 4R Private Selections I can find (along with a few Single Barrels and Small Batches for good measure) and be done with it. So many flavor profiles and choices, all of them good.

Sometimes I think I should just buy up all the 4R Private Selections I can find (along with a few Single Barrels and Small Batches for good measure) and be done with it. So many flavor profiles and choices, all of them good.

I have had this exact discussion w friends and we all agree that what you say would lead to "Bourbon Zen" as someone posted here recently. But then something else shiny and new gets released and the Pavlovian hunt response takes over:grin:

Plowed through quite a bit of SAOS6 last night. I think I'm in the midst of another purge. Seems to go in 6 month cycles. Accumulate, then make room.

Yup that's what I do.

QUOTE=flahute;441168]Having a second pour of the OESQ. Dang....this is really good. Sometimes I think I should just buy up all the 4R Private Selections I can find (along with a few Single Barrels and Small Batches for good measure) and be done with it. So many flavor profiles and choices, all of them good.

Picked up some Medley 12 today. Read nothing on it but this is Orphan Barrel stock right? Exact same nose... A good pour for a 12 year not available in my area.

Been on the road all day and finally got comfortable with a nice pour of Baker's. This is really a nicely done and well balanced easy drinker. Very smooth for its proof. Not much to dislike at all.

Really hating that I was not able to make the gazebo. I'm sure the tall tales have given way to the feats of strength by now. :duel::banghead::icon_pidu:

a day of working on the Fox project....taking apart a 351W to use as a core for the 393 stroker. Tomorrow, I will clearance the bore skirts for the rods, then its time to drop it all off at the machine shop. I'm excited!

having some HHBIB gold tonight. Decent, but mostly just something to get the job done when you want a relaxer that's cheap.

Picked up some Medley 12 today. Read nothing on it but this is Orphan Barrel stock right? Exact same nose... A good pour for a 12 year not available in my area.

Medley 12 is one-off contract-distilled bourbon. It doesn't have anything to do with Diageo's Orphan Barrel series.

It's basically 12 yr age stated Wathen's (which has no age statement). I've got a bottle. Although it didn't rock my world, I'll still enjoy finishing it a great deal!

Refresh my memory please, who made it?

Sorry TBT, this was my question. I know it's not Diageo. I meant it has a similar profile to the orphan barrel. I assumed they came from same, albeit younger, stock.

Sorry TBT, this was my question. I know it's not Diageo. I meant it has a similar profile to the orphan barrel. I assumed they came from same, albeit younger, stock.

Orphan Barrel stock = Old Charter stock from Bernheim. 12 years ago, Bernheim was making HH products. There is no 12 year "Orphan Barrel stock."

Right, understand. I remembered some talk about Charles Medley sourcing his new stuff from Bernheim stock. I wasn't suggesting this was in any way owned, distributed by Diageo. Old Bernheim, New Bernheim, it's gets confusing. I should've just stated it reminded me of the same profile.

Going with some ECBP diluted down to 100 proof, which I guess would make it EC12BIB.

Decided to make a full decanter of this 100 proofer, what a beautiful color:

post-10771-14489821444334_thumb.jpg

Don't know if this counts but I'm having buffalo trace bourbon cream on some rocks. Waiting for eagles skins game.

Usually I drink FC during South Carolina games but was at daughter's house and son-in-law only had WT81. Turned out better than I expected. Especially in the second half.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!