What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 14

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Popped me open a bottle of RHF yesterday, I must say the woodiness I get from this is outstanding,had to go back for seconds...It surely stands out from the others, wonder what they do to this stuff to get such a profile.If it wasn't so pricey think I could live with this one exclusively! Having a pour of RR right now.

Had a 2012 WLW and an Angel's Envy cask strength last night. Both were enjoyable and the AE was better than I expected.

Popped me open a bottle of RHF yesterday, I must say the woodiness I get from this is outstanding,had to go back for seconds...It surely stands out from the others, wonder what they do to this stuff to get such a profile.If it wasn't so pricey think I could live with this one exclusively! Having a pour of RR right now.

Pricey RHF? What did you pay? I have been paying $38 in NJ.

Yeah, $50 and up around here but not for me because I refuse to pay extra for that bottle. Otherwise it's my pick of the BT single barrels.

Last night was 3 different WFE Barrels

post-9652-14489821420242_thumb.jpg

Barrels 793 824 and 828

793: Subtle light Chocolate, very similar to 824, Figs, Gala Apples, very appealing stuff

824: Best of three, charry chocolate, balance of ethel heat and flavor, tootsie rolls, powdered cola

828: Sweet caramely doesn't taste like the other two (although I am assuming all three are brown forman) bitter, missing the chocolate, lightest in color, tastes more like a barton recipe than anything. Girlfriend preferred this one, but it was my least favorite of the three.

Bowman Double Barrel is really good for me this evening. Like an extremely rich Buffalo Trace. I won't discount the possibility that I am talking myself into this evaluation, and I'll need to revisit again...but it is awfully nice, tonight.

Had some Fighting Cock at a friends house before going out for dinner with them. Always seems hotter than 103 proof, but the finish is pretty nice, especially for a $17 bottle of 6 year bourbon

Started out with a nice pour of the SB blend, which really hit the spot.

Now a store selected Blanton's. Also really nice in a different way.

Popped a bottle of OESK barrel proof store pick. Wow...this might be my favorite formula of four roses. So many holiday/exotic spices on the nose. Now I wish I can get a 2012 LE SB which is a 12 year OESK, this one is almost 10 years old so it would be interesting to see what 2 years int he barrel does for this recipe.

ER10yr last night. Pretty god store picked barrel.

Happy to have more bunkered, since things just will not be the same for awhile.

B

ER10yr last night. Pretty god store picked barrel.

Happy to have more bunkered, since things just will not be the same for awhile.

B

It think everything at that store is good. How'd you get in??!?! :D

Mr. Dant came by just as the coffee finished brewing.

Coincidence, Mr. Barton did here too. I remember reading an earlier post that said "you can't drink bourbon all day if you don't start in the morning".

Did some blind tasting of mingles, and found I like Old Ezra 101 w/ dusty OF86 just as well as WT101 w/ the same; maybe even a tad more (comforting since the OE101 is a few bucks less). I thought the Old Ezra brought a bit more burnt caramel to the party, and the sweetness seemed to get heavier and sharper as it moved across the palate. The WT101 had a creamier mouthfeel, and was a bit brighter/sharper (and less sweet) in comparison. Both were nice mingles!

I remember reading an earlier post that said "you can't drink bourbon all day if you don't start in the morning".

If you're not started by eight you're late.

Bookers 25th is celebrating a birthday in great style. Im about to watch some football with Noah's Mill and will eventually follow it up with Four Roses Single Barrel.

I always bring out the FC for South Carolina games. Even though the game hit a weather delay, the FC did not. I pour a Glencairn for sipping and a rocks glass for touchdowns. (That's an FC SBS.) Delay or not, both are getting hits this afternoon. I don't think FC gets enough attention as an HH 6YO 101 value pour. Hope the market never finds out what a great value that represents or HH will go NAS or drop the proof--or both.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!