What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 14

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

When I approach creating my SB Blend, I look to the OWA to provide the "base" and "body" of the mingling. It's a thick, chewy, sweet, and powerful wheater that is ripe to be converted. The W12 gives it the sparkle. Dry, oaky, and sooty. Kinda like Coke concentrate and soda at the restaurant...The combination of the two are meant for each other. IMO, I don't think MM46 can replace the body of the OWA. Not, that it won't result in an interesting or good combo, but I don't think it will be in the SB Blend vein.

a 13 hour day today, and another tomorrow. Something a bit less proofy and more sweet than my usuals was calling to me. Larceny is suiting me fine tonight!

Working on a tall pour of RR 110. Getting pretty well into this bottle now and it's a good one!

Just finished mine last night and agree on the quality. Currently angling for some replacements.

Went with 4R OESO last night, 11y4m 54.4%.... fantastic pour. I need to continue to track down the Private barrel selections

Having some Smooth Ambler Old Scout 10yr. Might get into the Bowman Brother next.

Waiting on my local store to call with the news for 2014 FRLE.....first year on the list and I am pretty excited. Happy Tuesday!

It's very good. Has a great nose. I wouldn't buy another, but I'm glad I got one. The 20 and 21 year to me were better.

primed with some OGD114, but now enjoying a treat of Dickel 9/103. I had a pretty good day at work and am getting the hang of it, so I broke out the good stuff.....man I love that Dickel 9!

Sipping some Dickel 9yo, bout halfway through the bottle which was opened in June, I can't say its changed at all with air but I loved it from the start and it hasn't gone downhill at all. I hope they keep doing these kinds of releases!

EWSB 2004. This is a great bourbon. Never tried it until I got a bottle this past weekend. A solid pour. Going to go look for more.

Some 4RSB after a pour of ER 10 while watching the Cards play the brewers. No beer for me tonight!

Tough loss at the end there.

Tough loss at the end there.

Oh yeah. Especially after Lucrow's recent comments. It happens though, just gotta win the rest of the series!

Finishing off bottle of WT101 and then moving on to some KCSB.

Darn good choices TT. I'm itching to get back to those two but am working through other bottles right now. It's a good problem to have.

Cracked open one of my Bourbon DeLuxe bottles, a '94 Beam era.

Wow, I won't be putting this into the rotation. It's definitely going into the "mixer" category. Of course, it was probably $9. But I could have spent that $9 better. I look forward (maybe) to one of the ND bottles. I guess I should keep this on hand to do a comparison. I imagine my '77 bottle and my early 80's tax strip bottle are better than this.

I'll probably ditch the glencairn, grab the tumbler and add coke.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!