What Bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2014

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bought a bottle each today of Knob Creek, VOB BIB and HH 6yr White Label BIB. I plan on doing a little blind taste test with my father to see which one he prefers. :grin:

Bought a bottle each today of Knob Creek, VOB BIB and HH 6yr White Label BIB. I plan on doing a little blind taste test with my father to see which one he prefers. :grin:

I have a bottle from batch 2013-7. Recently my local Costco started to sell Bookers and the batch numbers is not the same. I'm unsure if the Costco batches are recent. Personally I really like batch 2013-7 over the last standard batch of Bookers. The 2013-7 seems to have a bit more caramel and a very slight orange citrus note that went perfectly with orange bitters in an old fashioned. The finish is also a bit woodier to me. I'll pick up another bottle once this one is done, only 1/4 left.

I had a chance to try 2013-6 and 2013-7 SBS and while the 7 was good I thought the 6 was even better.

nice choices!.....

Thanks.

Only thing he'll know about the three of them beforehand is that they're from three different "houses" and the general price range each bottle is in.

I had a chance to try 2013-6 and 2013-7 SBS and while the 7 was good I thought the 6 was even better.

I agree. I've done them blind SBS a couple times and they are both excellent but the -6 takes it to another level. Tastes like liquid Nutella. :)

According to Cowdery, they or he did another batch which I haven't seen yet here labeled 2014-4. I still see 2013-6's and many 2013-7's on the shelf.

Edited by BootsOnTheGround

For my DW's office's scotch tasting event (she doesn't like whiskey, btw), I picked up a Macallan 12, Glenmorangie La Santa, and an Ardmore Traditional Cask. For running errands, I'm invited to participate.

I spotted some ETL on the shelf, so I grabbed one of those, too. Some sauce for the goose means some sauce for the gander...

For my DW's office's scotch tasting event (she doesn't like whiskey, btw), I picked up a Macallan 12, Glenmorangie La Santa, and an Ardmore Traditional Cask. For running errands, I'm invited to participate.

I spotted some ETL on the shelf, so I grabbed one of those, too. Some sauce for the goose means some sauce for the gander...

Don't know which bird got it, but the one that took home the ETL got the golden egg! :D

Decent day of hunting yesterday.

WLW12, Parkers POH, EB SB, EC21, RR SB, Stagg Jr (134.4), 1.75 OWA and the EHTs were on sale (?...$55/$33) so I snatched some extras up

AB4B026B-A0EA-4E82-B44A-B2316E3B0DB0.jpg

FC56E9C9-7C96-47FA-9503-FA5881262868.jpg

Edited by JDSmith619

Found 5 bottles of McKenna BIB at the local (Falls Church, VA) ABC for an amazing $23.95, a $3 discount, and at least ten bucks cheaper than anywhere else around here, to my knowledge. I'd never seen this at a Virginia ABC before, so I was delighted. Oddly, there was a "Bottled Especially for The Customers of Virginia ABC" label on a couple. Who knew?

Decent day of hunting yesterday.

WLW12, Parkers POH, EB SB, EC21, RR SB, Stagg Jr (134.4), 1.75 OWA and the EHTs were on sale (?...$55/$33) so I snatched some extras up

If you got an EHT Barrel Proof for $55 I will punch you....right in the baby maker.

Here i thought I was kind of a big deal for buying a FAS Very Old Barton for $12 OTD. :o

Found 5 bottles of McKenna BIB at the local (Falls Church, VA) ABC for an amazing $23.95, a $3 discount, and at least ten bucks cheaper than anywhere else around here, to my knowledge. I'd never seen this at a Virginia ABC before, so I was delighted. Oddly, there was a "Bottled Especially for The Customers of Virginia ABC" label on a couple. Who knew?

I've never had the EWSB, so I'm no help there. As to the price, other than when I first bought some in Kentucky I've had to venture into the District or Maryland for it and the prices are terrible. Great stuff, I recommend it highly.

Grabbed Wild Turkey Rare Breed, Russel's Reserve, Elijah Craig, Knob Creek Single Barrel and 1792 Ridgemont Reserve all on sale in Montgomery County, MD.

Thought I was in luck when I saw Elijah Craig Barrel Proof listed on the website, but it turns out I needed to have gotten myself on a waiting list a month ago =(

I DID secure a spot on the list for next week's Weller Special Reserve and Old Weller Antique 107, though. Funny, I saw Special Reserve handles by the boxful in Georgia last weekend and it's a wait-list item up here

I bought 2 bottles of the Tippins' selection of Four Roses Barrel Strength OESO.

At 11 years and 6 months old and 110.2 proof it is a super bargain at $59.99.

BTW, Tippins is a store in Saline, MI.

If you got an EHT Barrel Proof for $55 I will punch you....right in the baby maker.

Here i thought I was kind of a big deal for buying a FAS Very Old Barton for $12 OTD. :o

I like this guy...

Picked this up at the 7 Eleven,

A 7-Eleven?

Really?

This is getting bizarre now.

A 7-Eleven?

Really?

This is getting bizarre now.

:lol: Yeah, I thought it was pretty out there. Not only 7-11 selling bourbon but finding a FRSB LE there! I wasn't sure if it was for real or not.

EWSB for $20 a bottle at Costco. Practically giving it away. Supposedly hand selected by Craig Beam himself. Cleared the last 3 off the shelf.

I believe Craig is personally responsible for the selection of barrels that go into Evan Williams Single Barrel.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!