What Bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2014

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

EWSB for $20 a bottle at Costco. Practically giving it away. Supposedly hand selected by Craig Beam himself. Cleared the last 3 off the shelf.

I saw EWSB for $18.99 at two different Costco's in Indiana, one in Indy, the other Ft. Wayne. Different barrel numbers. Even, if it is the standard stuff, it is a great deal!

Astonishingly low cost for such a quality product. At that price NDPs could buy it at retail and still turn a handsome profit.

The same thought occurred to me the other day. why couldn't you purchase multiple bottom shelf bottles, register a label, rebottle at say$49 and make a killing?

The same thought occurred to me the other day. why couldn't you purchase multiple bottom shelf bottles, register a label, rebottle at say$49 and make a killing?

Can you stop thinking out loud.... Lol

How dare you! You're stealing all of Michter's fabulous ideas. :P

Around here the state law dictates LQ stores purchase their booze to show it was in this state (so they get their money). So as long as you have that record its quite conceivable to buy an $18 bottle and put it on your shelf for $25. I know those who do this.

Got a call from a local store about Barterhouse and so I came home with 2 bottles.

Visited a store that I don't usually go to since it's a bit out of my way but very happy to walk out with these little guys.

ty8egy3a.jpg

Good news is I bought a JR selection from the FR gift shop today. Bad news I had to put it on the credit card and I am sure the wife will see I spent more of our money there. The really bad news is, I won't be able to pick it up for another 2 weeks!!

Visited a store that I don't usually go to since it's a bit out of my way but very happy to walk out with these little guys.

ty8egy3a.jpg

What the age on those? 8-9-10-11?

11yr. 4 months and 9yr. 3 months according to the label. Sounds like good stuff. I can't believe that /r is picking barrels now. Who would've thunk it? ;)

11yr. 4 months and 9yr. 3 months according to the label. Sounds like good stuff. I can't believe that /r is picking barrels now. Who would've thunk it? ;)

Tell me about it. I'm new here but think SB should be getting its own barrel pick! I'm debating which one to open, I loved the 2013 LE SiB OBSK so very tempted to crack the OBSK open. Originally in the batters box was an OESQ 12 year 8 month but after finishing the 2014 LE SiB OESF and PS OESV K&L bottle, maybe it's time to move back to a high rye recipe.

Tell me about it. I'm new here but think SB should be getting its own barrel pick! I'm debating which one to open, I loved the 2013 LE SiB OBSK so very tempted to crack the OBSK open. Originally in the batters box was an OESQ 12 year 8 month but after finishing the 2014 LE SiB OESF and PS OESV K&L bottle, maybe it's time to move back to a high rye recipe.

You already finished a bottle of the 2014?

Put that down like a Miller light!

I am still on the lookout for a 2014 LE SiB in the Dallas area. When visiting the gift shop last month I couldn't purchase the JR pick because it was Election Day and they couldn't serve. I hope my luck turns around.

I picked up a bottle of Stagg jr and SA 7yr, just replacing the bottles I recently finished off.

I am still on the lookout for a 2014 LE SiB in the Dallas area. When visiting the gift shop last month I couldn't purchase the JR pick because it was Election Day and they couldn't serve. I hope my luck turns around.

I've had no luck in that pursuit either, Cards Fan.

Last night I picked up a bottle of Old Ezra 101. Never had it before and had some last night. I liked it, but I like others better: BT, FRSmB, EC12, Eagle Rare, et al.

Two days, two Fedex deliveries. After the WFE 11 I got on Wednesday, yesterday's package was the HW Midwinter Night's Dram that a buddy who visited the distillery picked up for me!

Gonna' be a busy weekend.

I picked up a bottle of Stagg jr and SA 7yr, just replacing the bottles I recently finished off.

Big fan of the SA 7yr (straight and rye).

Pulled the trigger on a ECBP and a Stagg Jr yesterday. It was a barrel proof kind of day.

Pulled the trigger on a ECBP and a Stagg Jr yesterday. It was a barrel proof kind of day.

Is it me or did GA just have a huge Stagg Jr shipment? I've seen a ton of it on the shelves in the last 2 weeks.

ETL Comm hit the St. Louis area this week. Once place was walk-in only and sold out rather quickly. Another was reserve list and fortunately my name was high enough on that list. Picked it up last night along with some beers for the weekend (mmm, Founders Devil Dancer ...)

Edited by Ravensfire

Got a call from a local store about Barterhouse and so I came home with 2 bottles.

Is one of those a travel bottle H?

I finally picked up some Evan Williams 10 year. Don't know how I've not tasted this one yet.

It was the '03. Did you guys say you liked the '04, or the '03 better?

Picked up a store select Old Forester Single Barrel today. Curious about this one.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!