What Bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2014

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's the only way to get them around here. Luckily, I know some fine Kentucky mules. :drinking:

Regular old Buffalo Trace. Sometimes you just need an easy sipper

Hidden

Started out with 4R Small Batch, now onto the ever reliable OGD114. It's a good Wednesday night.

. Luckily, I know some fine Kentucky mules. :drinking:

I heard talk of that at the Sampler. Praise the power of SB

Howdy,

My local grocery had Devil's Cut (Beam) on sale, so I decided to give it a second chance.

Grabbed some standard Old Scout Cask Strength 8 year bourbons and an ECBP 134.8 (I think?). I've got a 137 on its last leg, so this will be up next.

Picked up an Ezra B 12yr single barrel, as it just looked so lonely on the shelf :)

I just pulled the second trigger on that shotgun! :D And, a couple of Batch 5 ECBP's. Rounded out with a Beam Signature Brandy Finished for my brother. He has a sweet tooth, so figuring he may like this over the Holiday.

Picked up 3 ER10 for $28/ea ...age statement & SB on neck...I enjoy it and figured I'd put some away for those rainy days.

I may be in a rut..

FRSiB

EC12yr

EWBlack..

Yep, that's the one. Was hoping to find rhetoric there but no such luck. I've got enough here to enjoy my Fourth of July weekend nonetheless.

Grabbed a couple of bottles of Old Scout Rye. The 8 year 121.8 proof barrel #186 for Decatur Package Store (supposedly the only barrel in GA?). Definitely the best LDI/MGP rye I've had. I've tasted Bulleit, Willett 4 yr 110, Old Scout 7 yr 99, and now this. Hard to imagine there could be a better expression of this specific distillate...

Just grabbed a Michter's Small Batch to try for the first time. I know it gets a mixed bag of love/hate feelings, but I've never tried it. And to be honest, in the last 3 months I've purchased and have a bottle of almost every other bourbon that is regularly available here in Pennsylvania. I'm running out of new ones to try...booh. Now if I can only persuade the right connections to give Pa a better share of special releases I'll have future new bourbons to try.

Just grabbed a Michter's Small Batch to try for the first time. I know it gets a mixed bag of love/hate feelings, but I've never tried it. And to be honest, in the last 3 months I've purchased and have a bottle of almost every other bourbon that is regularly available here in Pennsylvania. I'm running out of new ones to try...booh. Now if I can only persuade the right connections to give Pa a better share of special releases I'll have future new bourbons to try.

Or you will need to take more road trips! :grin:

Picked up an Ezra B 12yr single barrel, as it just looked so lonely on the shelf :)

How is it? Any good?

How is it? Any good?

It's bourbon so of course it's good. Not being glib either. Can't think of any straight bourbon from a major that isn't at least good.

It's bourbon so of course it's good. Not being glib either. Can't think of any straight bourbon from a major that isn't at least good.

Amen.

I picked up my first bottle of Mellow Corn for $10 and a 375 of current WT101 for $13 (all I have are dusties :()

Nabbed an OGD114 for $27 plus tax. I'd like to get it for a lithe better price, but there's only one store in the area that has it.

Nabbed an OGD114 for $27 plus tax. I'd like to get it for a lithe better price, but there's only one store in the area that has it.

It's cheaper in the Hoosier State. PM me and I'll point you in the right direction if you are headed this way.

EWSB '04. Just making sure I have plenty of our native spirit on hand for Independence Day.

Or you will need to take more road trips! :grin:

Yeah thats the truth. We head south to the carolinas every summer, this will be my first summer plannjng my trip routes to hit up new state liquor stores. Can't wait, but im sure ill get the evil eye turning an 8 hr trip into a 10 hr trip with several stops. Its okay though, my little man loves the mini bottles I buy of "WICKEE" that he says are "for me?" Sure little guy. In about 18 more years this stash is yours...you can thank me later.

It ended up being a BIB kinda day here....Henry McKenna SB and a CEHT SmB.

Splurged a bit today with ECBP #4 ($51+) and Stagg Jr #2 ($60+).

Edited by MauiSon

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!