What Bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2014

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

To my taste in a recent SBS with RB112 and a local store select 110RR I preferred the RR110 it had a really deep rich flavor that in contrast made the 112 taste a bit flat and that takes some doin with WTRB!! This could be a particularly good RR110 but that's how it read to me.

Lemme know how both turn out! I keep eyeing that 110RR store selection, but havent pulled the trigger yet. I really like the new WTRB and wonder how this stands up to it.

This week I've picked up several bottles of private selection FRSB from the local chain. Haven't opened most of them yet, but their OESQ is excellent!

Picked up a bottle of Evan Williams BIB. Really irritating that Va doesn't get any 4Roses private selection.

Edited by Mardbrown

Picked up a bottle of Evan Williams BIB. Really irritating that Va doesn't get any 4Roses private selection.

This week I've picked up several bottles of private selection FRSB from the local chain. Haven't opened most of them yet, but their OESQ is excellent!

Walked into a store today that had some crazy sale prices on a couple things, so I walked out with:

standard FRSB - $23.99

Makers 46 - $24.99

Woodford Double Oaked - $24.99

I'm guessing those will all be gone by evening.

Nothing special today, just restocking some basics.

ETL x 1

EC12 x 2 - For $19.99, why not.

OGD BIB x 2 - I've introduced so many people to this over the last few weeks I can't seem to keep it in stock at my house.

Walked into a store today that had some crazy sale prices on a couple things, so I walked out with:

standard FRSB - $23.99

Makers 46 - $24.99

Woodford Double Oaked - $24.99

I'm guessing those will all be gone by evening.

Wow, great prices, good for you! The Makers and the FR would have been a case of each for me

Looks like my little corner of the world got their Weller allocations. I picked up a couple bottles of OWA to stash away for a rainy day.

Wow, great prices, good for you! The Makers and the FR would have been a case of each for me

No kidding on the 4RSB price. I've got a ton of it, but at $24.99 I might just buy another case and just use it as the house mixer at that price, wow.

As for the Woodford Double Oaked, just my personal opinion, but unless they were giving me $24.99 to take the bottle, I would have still passed, but glad the OP got some great deals.

I've seen ETL at a few different stores lately - I guess the scare is over for the time being. I picked up one bottle for $32. Can't go wrong with ETL.

A bottle of Most Righteous Bourbon. Finally found a store that carried this label after searching for almost a year. Now I can splurge and enjoy the last couple of inches in the bottle I've been nursing since I visited the distillery.

Bought into a FR barrel organized through a friend of a friend of a friend. Tasting has yet to occur and delivery not expected until probably January. I'm flying blind on this but never been let down by FR. I figure worst case I get something merely good but I may well end up with something exceptional.

No kidding on the 4RSB price. I've got a ton of it, but at $24.99 I might just buy another case and just use it as the house mixer at that price, wow.

As for the Woodford Double Oaked, just my personal opinion, but unless they were giving me $24.99 to take the bottle, I would have still passed, but glad the OP got some great deals.

It's not my favorite, but i enjoy the Double Oaked enough to pay half price for it. Full price? Not so much.

It's not my favorite, but i enjoy the Double Oaked enough to pay half price for it. Full price? Not so much.

I know the store. I saw the prices in their Autumn catalog and checked their website. The prices on the website didn't match the catalog prices so I sent an e-mail. They said they couldn't honor the price. After, I saw your earlier post, I checked their website and noticed that it now reflects the sale price in the catalog. I should have just went to the store like you did. All three are great prices.

I know the store. I saw the prices in their Autumn catalog and checked their website. The prices on the website didn't match the catalog prices so I sent an e-mail. They said they couldn't honor the price. After, I saw your earlier post, I checked their website and noticed that it now reflects the sale price in the catalog. I should have just went to the store like you did. All three are great prices.

I guess they had a change of heart about honoring the prices. It couldn't hurt to call and see if they have more stock of any of those.

I'd buy a case.

That's all they had on the shelf. Plus with this addition, my stash has now overgrown my liquor cabinet and moved into my office closet.

That's all they had on the shelf. Plus with this addition, my stash has now overgrown my liquor cabinet and moved into my office closet.

So.... what's the problem? :lol: Just wait until you move your office into the closet and your bunker into the bedroom (former office)! :grin:

Bought a JDSB today because I had a buddy over recently who wanted JD, which I didn't have. None of the 20+ open (and better) bottles would do as a worthy substitute. JD lovers REALLY love their JD. Makers loyalists are stubborn like that too. Nothing else will fill the void if those are not around (except for maybe the other even though they have little in common, oddly enough. Big ups to the MM and JD sales teams over the years I guess...) So I figured I'd get a JD but at least one I might have a pour of once every blue moon as well.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!