What Bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2014

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

bought a Larceny and a HH 6year 90 proofer to give a friend for his b-day, and also gave him an Old Bardstown 101 for a housewarming gift to stock his new bar. Tomorrow is his actual housewarming party, and I expect he'll probably get another 20 bottles or so gifted to him then. That'll last him a few years!

Bought my first ever bottle of Baker's today. Not that I've never drank it, just never bought a bottle. Never considered myself much of a Beam guy, but my recent forays into KCSB and Bookers have yielded good results, so I figured, what the hell.

I think if you like Beam (I do) you'll like Bakers. If you don't care for the Beam profile though Bakers won't change your mind.

Landed on a bottle of ETL today while traveling. They had 3 cases. Good to see it in the wild and more than one. It's been a while!

Picked up the last OGD 114 on the shelf while in Atlanta yesterday. Also grabbed one of my favorite non-bourbons, a 12 year-old Glen Garioch.

Picked up a store select FRSB OBSO and a SAOS 7yr rye. It's taking some getting used to that I can go into my local Houston store and find not just one, but all ten recipes of FRSB on the shelf. Very nice change.

Picked up 3 barrel proof store selections of 4RSB… OBSV, OESK and OESQ. They join the OBSK and OESF that I picked up a few months back. Slowly collecting all 10 recipes from various stores.
Edited by Cards fan

I usually run into stores in my travels and snap stuff up that is reasonably priced.

Yesterday while running through CT. Rock hill farms x 2 at 47.99 , OGD114 at 21.99, OWA107 at 21.99.

2 liters of AAA 10 year, ETL comm, w12 all thanks to super generous sb members! Thanks a ton!!!

[ATTACH]19338[/ATTACH]

Whoa, someone is being generous since as far as I can tell 2 out of 3 of those are never available in California at any price. Well played sir!

Went to the store that tends to get OFBB and some of the BTAC stuff. Its 45 min from the house, but I was visiting a friend in that area. Found a Larceny, which I havent seen in FL. I picked it up and made sure I talked to the owner some. I hadnt been there in about 4 months but he remembered me. Trying to keep the relationship alive for a possibility of some harder to get future releases.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!