What Bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2014

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 ECBP batch 5.

The bourbon shelf was looking smaller than usual and too much of it was taken up by 'craft' whiskey. The 4 Roses section was depleted which I've noticed happens a lot lately.

Interestingly, Jim Beam black label was sold out except for a couple 1.75's. I wonder if people are stocking up on the age stated version before the change over or if the supply got cut off while the change over was occurring.

I expect it's a supply issue. Over the years JBB has changed several times and I don't recall there ever being a run on it.

I went to my local store, and they didn't have a number of my usual go-to bourbons, and some of the others I really like are overpriced at that store, so I decided to take a walk on the bottom shelf: Mcafee's Benchmark.

Spec's got in their Barrel selections of the 10 4R recipes.

Grabbed three:

OBSF- 63.2

OESQ- 54.4

OESO- 51.6

Also grabbed a couple bottles of Weller 12 for a fellow SBer.

ETL. Out looking for dusties. Found none, but did find a store with ETL for the California-reasonable price of $39.99. (California-reasonable means about $10 more than what people in Southern states report paying.)

Sampled it. Nice, but I think this goes in the vault while I work on my bourbon appreciation skills with lower shelf stuff. It can hang out in there with the ECBP and other bottles I have which would be wasted on my unsophisticated palate at this point.

Three L&K Selections just in:

Henry McKenna 10 yr BiB UCF (L Warehouse, 7th floor, barreled 4-15-03)

Blanton's SB (9.5 yrs)

Four Roses OESK 110.4 pf, 10 yrs 5 mo.

2 Four Roses OESK. An SB member tipped me off to these on sale for 39.99. Even with shipping these came out to less than typical retail price and that's before taxes (which are super high here).

That's a score.

These cost me more than when I bought them in 2013, but I missed them after finishing the last bottle. Saw them available and place an order last week.

b81916a107c34d0736b4b5ea7c6de5f8.jpg

2 Four Roses OESK. An SB member tipped me off to these on sale for 39.99. Even with shipping these came out to less than typical retail price and that's before taxes (which are super high here).

That's a score.

I hope you left some for me!!! [emoji51]

These cost me more than when I bought them in 2013, but I missed them after finishing the last bottle. Saw them available and place an order last week.

These were really good for me. I remembered watching escape from New York will sipping this just marveling at the complexity. Dark chocolate, mint, dried cherries and strawberries, Autumn spices. Just beautiful, still the best bourbon I ever had.

Gearing up for vacation so I grabbed a store selection of standard FRSB. The in laws are coming too and after my Father-in- law poured my Parker's over diet dr. Pepper last year I can't risk anything from the whiskey closet around him.

Gearing up for vacation so I grabbed a store selection of standard FRSB. The in laws are coming too and after my Father-in- law poured my Parker's over diet dr. Pepper last year I can't risk anything from the whiskey closet around him.

What!!!! Please tell me you checked him on that.

Nabbed a pair of local store select 4RPS OBSF. I tried this store select at a GBS gathering but it was after too many others to rely on my senses sooo in the interest of science I had to get these, for further critical evaluation of course ( and my obsession with the F recipes!!)

Two 4R Private OESF, one for me and one for a buddy. I figured this was the next best thing to getting a bottle of the 2014 LE (at a fraction of the price).

Never had Bookers before and love BP. Saw the 2013-6 everyone has been speaking highly of and picked up a bottle.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!